• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jose Sa, my son’s mate spoke to him and bare in mind it was before Lopetegui quit.
He asked him why he’d want to choose Forest over Wolves and he said the whole atmosphere at the Club was terrible at the time.
As for his Missus, she’d prefer anywhere to Wolverhampton.

More rumours about Iheanacho. Don't get the point of that one he isn't really a goalscorer, always looked better playing off a proper 9 and we've already got players that can do that job.

I can imagine him (Iheanacho) linking up with Cunha decently but his overall decision making just isn’t good enough, IMO. Too selfish, even for a striker.

Good player on his day but we’ve seen enough of that, we need someone who can consistently make an impression, even if not directly through goals.

I can imagine him (Iheanacho) linking up with Cunha decently but his overall decision making just isn’t good enough, IMO. Too selfish, even for a striker.

Good player on his day but we’ve seen enough of that, we need someone who can consistently make an impression, even if not directly through goals.
Iheanacho and Cunha play in the same position.

I have a fear Cunha leaves on loan and Iheanacho is brought in to play instead.

Put him with the U21's and let him rot there cunt
For four days? When he isn’t training anyway? Sounds sensible.

This is a City move to force shit. Up to them. They meet our valuation by deadline or they don’t. This strop makes absolutely fuck all difference to that.

For four days? When he isn’t training anyway? Sounds sensible.

This is a City move to force shit. Up to them. They meet our valuation by deadline or they don’t. This strop makes absolutely fuck all difference to that.
No until his contract is up, let him play for Portugal whilst training with the kids and not playing

I hope the Club sticks to it`s guns and doesn`t cave in with regards Nunes.

It won’t. City pay what we want by Friday or they don’t. Their choice. His little strike makes no odds.

Wolves: we want x
City: well we'll only give you x
wolves: well we have a five year contract so fuck off.
City: well he's on strike, won't play for you.
Wolves: hope he went to asda last weekend, cause he's gonna starve if he didnt. Tarra!

Hopefully the price has gone up a few million after his antics today.

It will have stayed exactly what it always was if we actually had any balls whatsoever. The price City need to meet is clearly known. They either hit it or they don’t. Very simple.

In amongst all of this hilarity, does anyone KNOW if City have made an increased offer, or are even considering it?
I don't think we have, which makes the escalation now make a little less sense. If have expected them to settle on a agreement after rejecting the 2nd bid tbh.

Maybe it's because these sorts of holdouts are commonplace in the NFL during contract negotiations, but I just can't get that worked up at Matheus Nunes the person. He's not dealing with this well but he's a young lad who has been presented with an incredible career opportunity and probably has advisors who have urged him to act in this way.

I wouldn't boo him on a return, personally. He ain't MGW yet.

This is not an argument to persuade others not to boo. Do what y'all feel.

This is close to where I land too. It sucks from the player, but for what's going to be 3-4 days of missed training I don't feel too worked up about it. He's the one player we knew beforehand was treating this club as a stepping stone, with an agent whose been the boss of Wolves for nearly a decade doing whatever he wants.

This is a move done knowing beforehand there'll be little repercussion. If the transfer fails, he'll get a token fine and then Wolves have to play him every week anyway because there's no players and we don't want his value to tank before January.

Not the best but look at it as instead of the club holding him out of the Blackpool game as a precaution, he's taking all precautions to remove risk of injury for a few days before deadline. 🤷‍♂️

Hopefully the club can accept what was close to what the second offer was rumoured to be, throw in McAtee on loan too if it'll help, and we can be done with him.

His time here isn't going to be looked at with too many fond memories. His highlight reel for us isn't going to be better than his Sporting one. We'll always have that thunderbastard v Chelsea...

Last edited:
A week ago Gnonto slapped in a transfer request at Leeds. 3 days ago he was scoring for them. I don’t see a problem here. Nunes misses a few days training and is back in the squad after the internationals unless City cough up with a deal that meets our needs. He is more likely to go in January you would imagine

A week ago Gnonto slapped in a transfer request at Leeds. 3 days ago he was scoring for them. I don’t see a problem here.
and the fans have gone from singing about him being a wanker back to the size of his appendage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back