• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
We as a fan base seem to take this very personally. We are happy to label players shit and want them out the club, driven to the airport etc, but also appalled at the disrespect apparently shown here like its a slight only aimmed at Wolves. And now lots of "He's always thought he was too good for us." - Which I personally can't see, as mentioned he left being a star and in Euro comps and was shunted around by different managers into different roles, and mostly seemed to get on with that?

A week ago Gnonto slapped in a transfer request at Leeds. 3 days ago he was scoring for them. I don’t see a problem here. Nunes misses a few days training and is back in the squad after the internationals unless City cough up with a deal that meets our needs. He is more likely to go in January you would imagine
Yeah, most likely scenario here is that City don't pay what we want and Matheus is 'reintegrated' as per Ornstein's tweet.

January maybe not, I suppose it depends on how desperate the buying clubs are. If City don't think they can get Matheus they might move on to a new target in the next few days.

Yeah, most likely scenario here is that City don't pay what we want and Matheus is 'reintegrated' as per Ornstein's tweet.

January maybe not, I suppose it depends on how desperate the buying clubs are. If City don't think they can get Matheus they might move on to a new target in the next few days.
I think City will pay the money.

I think they will too. Just a question of whether it is now or January. We will get our £60m plus. And then it is suck it and see on whether we actually use it.

I think City will pay the money.
I am going to go with the wildly optimistic view

City will get Nunes at slightly below our valuation BUT not until we have the 2 or 3 signings we want all lined up and ready to go.

I know that means it would see us go crazy and spend some actual money and for the first time this summer look organised but you have to cling to some hope.

I think it's now or never. I don't think they are 'that' bothered about him, just that he's potentially available this late in the window after KDB got injured. If they still want to fill that position in Jan I think they'll have other options.

So essentially we're insisting on €70m, as that is £60m. Meaning they're currently €10m short including addons.

I think they bid £70m for Paqueta so my guess is they will reluctantly pay it if we hold firm.

Whatever the situation, we need the business done well enough before Friday so we can spend the money on new signings (ha ha. I know, I know).

Be typical if we go and spend £15m on a player that we don’t really need after refusing to spend anything all summer

Can't be signing rubbish like Iheanacho. What benefit does someone who can barely score add to a team like ours?

Can imagine the conversation over at City, "Yeah, we'll give them what they want, but hold it until 15 mins before the deadline when they're stuck..."

So essentially we're insisting on €70m, as that is £60m. Meaning they're currently €10m short including addons.

I think they bid £70m for Paqueta so my guess is they will reluctantly pay it if we hold firm.
I think so too.

Pep was calling Nunes 'one of the best players in the world' in 2022, so this isn't a recent thing:

The De Bruyne injury may have accelerated plans, but it's clear that he's highly rated by City. Time for Jeff to channel his inner chad and hold on with diamond hands.

At which point we accidentally don’t complete the paperwork in time
You're talking as if all those at Wolves aren't secretly wetting themselves with excitement at the prospect of selling Nunes!

I can see a very real situation where we sell Nunes late on in the window and use the excuse of having no time to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back