• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t want any player on loan, thanks.

Either buy them, or leave them.

Don’t really see the point of developing players for Pep, thanks.
If they are a loan to buy fair enough, but a loan without an option is small time.

If you'll forgive how reductive this is...

Would you take a player on loan knowing they'll save us from relegation, or would you rather go down with no loanees?
I'm with Nicholas on this, I'd rather develop players for us, than for the benefit of other clubs, be it city, Chelsea or anyone else

I'm with Nicholas on this, I'd rather develop players for us, than for the benefit of other clubs, be it city, Chelsea or anyone else
I generally prefer not to take loanees that don't have a permanent option, as well. Sometimes, though, pragmatism is needed.

As an addendum, I have no idea what we could possibly do to develop a player as well/better than Pep could.

The player in his position we'd be developing is Joe Hodge. Not even Snappy Snaps could do that
Well sign someone with a higher ceiling with an option, it's an opportunity to play in the Premier league and earn a decent contract. Surely there's players about that would come.

In amongst all of this hilarity, does anyone KNOW if City have made an increased offer, or are even considering it?

Well sign someone with a higher ceiling with an option, it's an opportunity to play in the Premier league and earn a decent contract. Surely there's players about that would come.
I'd say that Bellegarde lad fits this bill (assuming that the link to him is genuine). Currently on ~6k a week (abject poverty innit), so we could sextuple his salary and he'd still be on our low end.

I'd say that Bellegarde lad fits this bill (assuming that the link to him is genuine). Currently on ~6k a week (abject poverty innit), so we could sextuple his salary and he'd still be on our low end.
So back to the original point, would you sign him and have a city player on loan who could block his pathway to the starting 11, stall his development why city get a player back next season whose gained premier league experience and potentially worth millions more than he arrived?

Last edited:
So back to the original point, would you sign then sign have a city player on loan who could block his pathway to the starting 11, stall his development why city get a player back next season whose gained premier league experience and potentially worth millions more than we arrived?
Who do you have in mind?

As an addendum, I have no idea what we could possibly do to develop a player as well/better than Pep could.
We could sign someone useful for a load of money, not use them for twelve months (as we've already got quality, expensive players in a similar position who are better) train them, mould them, school them, into what we want them to become, without fear of compromising our league position.
Need a big backroom staff and a pile of money though.
I doubt Pep does one to one personally.

So back to the original point, would you sign him and have a city player on loan who could block his pathway to the starting 11, stall his development why city get a player back next season whose gained premier league experience and potentially worth millions more than he arrived?
If it had to be one of the two, the permanent signing, of course.

This season I would not be opposed to both, and if Bellegarde or some other hypothetical signing can't beat McAtee for the spot in the XI, that's their loss.

If you'll forgive how reductive this is...

Would you take a player on loan knowing they'll save us from relegation, or would you rather go down with no loanees?
Unfortunately, that question is impossible to answer.

It’s a bit silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back