• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes, I forgot....
We are serving you one months notice to find somewhere else to live. That apartment's going back on the market.
Think you're gonna tell us you're not gonna play for us because some fucking agent is winking at you from across the room?
You've got another think coming.
Remove his access to the Christmas Party...or worse...make him attend it?

On the topic - do they actually fine wages or... anything?

If not I kinda get the point

Cutting Nunes out entirely would be a recruitment disaster. We really don't need a bona fide example that agents can point to and say to their client(s), "see? That club would rather put you under the stairs than let you advance your career".

And like it or not, Wolves => Manchester City will be seen by most players as career advancement.

I have no problem having players at Wolves as part of their career trajectory. I had no problem with Jota, he was always going to move on and upwards and same with Neves after his 12 month sabbatical is over. The only expectation is that while they are with is they are professional and give their all...I am not convinced that is the case with Nunes.

He can leave. No tears.

Despite what I said about letting him rot, he's a fairly sizable asset so an element of pragmatism will always be at play.

Take it if true probably BS if Nixon is involved, nevertheless Mcatee would probably have a far better output than Nunes

Take it if true probably BS if Nixon is involved, nevertheless Mcatee would probably have a far better output than Nunes
I think this one from Nixon has truth in it.
Simply because both Doyle and McAtee were wanted by Sheff Utd and they were waiting on approval from City. He seems to have a decent source at Sheff Utd and has called their last couple of signings. So I'm guessing that source has let him know of the McAtee to Wolves link.

There won't be any poison if he stays.

Fine, he won't turn up this week and won't play vs Palace. Then he'll join up with Portugal anyway. Then he'd have to play because he can't sit around for nearly four months doing nothing.

If he then scored against Liverpool our fans would love him again.
See Sinisterra and Gnonto at Leeds for reference.

While it rankles, might as well sell him for whatever we can get i.e. what City offered, then boo the shit out of him at Molineux. I'm not much of a booer but might make an exception for him.

Maybe it's because these sorts of holdouts are commonplace in the NFL during contract negotiations, but I just can't get that worked up at Matheus Nunes the person. He's not dealing with this well but he's a young lad who has been presented with an incredible career opportunity and probably has advisors who have urged him to act in this way.

I wouldn't boo him on a return, personally. He ain't MGW yet.

This is not an argument to persuade others not to boo. Do what y'all feel.

There's so much to pick through here that I'll let someone else do it. I do like the company car image most though
Essential I'd say. Making him walk home from training would at least ensure a modicum of fitness.

Essential I'd say. Making him walk home from training would at least ensure a modicum of fitness.
Cunt'd wave a taxi down unless you got moving fast and notified all taxi's that We're not paying the bill.

No his reaction is not ideal but it all comes down what he was promised when he signed. If I recall correctly he came with the promise of a move with a similar fee?

I know this is all very childish, but I can't tell you how much it grates to be paying this fucker (how many???) thousands a WEEK, and he turns round and says, "No, I don't like it here, my agent says I should stop..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back