• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
O’Rourke is throwing a new name an hour out there hoping one sticks.

I went to Athletic Bilbao vs Girona last season so I must've seen that Bueno guy play live. Can't remember anything about him though.

That's my helpful contribution to discussing that rumour.

Not sure i'm allowed to admit this but I have no idea who any of these players are! Holding aside obvs, but he;'s shit

Pleasant little town in which to spend a day, if you’re ever in the area. Never heard of the player

I’m not totally against Iheanacho for £15m. I keep seeing people say things like “oh great! Another player that doesn’t score!”.

Ignoring 20/21 where he got an unusually high 19 goals that season, he’s got 8 goals in both of the last two seasons & 10 goals the season before 20/21. He’s a bloke that can play wide (and we need someone else in those roles) as well as through the middle. And he brings PL experience to the table.

I have to laugh sometimes. People were scoffing at Antonio a few weeks back. The blokes already scored two goals this season, couple of assists & helped his (average looking) team to second in the table. Look at our squad, ffs. We’re obviously not spending a fortune - if you offer me Iheanacho for £15m tomorrow, I’d snap your hand off - unpopular as that may be on here.

It's unpopular because all empirical evidence suggests he hardly scores.

Take the one outlier out and it's a striker who doesn't get past 5 league goals a season, which is shit. He's not bad at carpetbagging against awful teams in the cups (he hasn't scored in the league, his one goal was against Burton) but I don't care about that very much.

Antonio isn't remotely in the same bracket, I think the scepticism was that West Ham wouldn't let him go, especially after Scamacca left.

Last edited:
I went to Athletic Bilbao vs Girona last season so I must've seen that Bueno guy play live. Can't remember anything about him though.

That's my helpful contribution to discussing that rumour.
Screenshot_20230829_134248_Google.jpg

Another thing to consider with Iheanacho is he'll miss 4-6 weeks at AFCON.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back