• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
KI goals, league goals in brackets.

League Goals per 90 added.

15-16 - 14 (8) - 0.98
16-17 - 7 (4) - 0.68
17-18 - 8 (3) - 0.31
18-19 - 2 (1) - 0.1
19-20 - 10 (5) - 0.47
20-21 - 19 (12) - 0.74
21-22 - 8 (4) - 0.29
22-23 - 8 (5) - 0.4

Last edited:
On the bench all the time because....he's not very good.

Sasa will be fit to start games before too long and we're obviously hitched to the Fabio wagon for now. As unsure as I am about the latter, I'd back him to get 5 this season given enough time on the pitch. Iheanacho rarely gets past 5 so I don't see where the value is.

13th Jan - 11th Feb.

Normally have to release players 8 days before.
Good opportunity to get him in the shop window and get some money back. Easy to criticise Fosuns squad development but it’s this sort of planning that too often goes ignored.

On the bench all the time because....he's not very good.

Sasa will be fit to start games before too long and we're obviously hitched to the Fabio wagon for now. As unsure as I am about the latter, I'd back him to get 5 this season given enough time on the pitch. Iheanacho rarely gets past 5 so I don't see where the value is.
I'd rather have Iheanacho than Fabio by a long way but that doesn't really mean much.

KI goals, league goals in brackets.

Minutes per goal would be interesting as he made a lot of sub appearances.

15-16 - 14 (8)
16-17 - 7 (4)
17-18 - 8 (3)
18-19 - 2 (1)
19-20 - 10 (5)
20-21 - 19 (12)
21-22 - 8 (4)
22-23 - 8 (5)
Been living in the shadows of Jamie Vardy innit.

Dawson/Lemina signings prove that we should be open to the occasional signing like this. Are there better forwards out there? Yes. Can we afford/attract them? Unlikely.

It’s a low bar, but as you say, given a choice of him or no one, I’ll take him. Plus, different team/tactic/set up etc etc. He’d improve us.

Amazing really that he has such a pish record over many, many years, if he's such a lethal finisher...

I don't mind us signing a forward, not him though.
Just semi decent and you are doing better than Fab's in both those situations.

I don't think we will sign him and if we do he will be very "meh". Wouldn't be my first choice, not sure who would be mind but the club is currently be being built with a series of wouldn't be anyone's top choice, so just accepting where we are right now.

His record ain’t that different from Raul’s at Benfica
Raul was at Benfica half the time Iheanacho has been at Leicester and 18 in 80 is a fair bit better than 30 in 150. Especially when of that 30, a load come in a one-off season that looks at odds with everything else and wasn't that recent.

It wouldn't be difficult to do worse than Kelechi but equally it wouldn't be difficult to do better.

Which is to say, if we're suddenly spending money, we should be doing better.

CFG have form for it. It wasn't a coincidence that Taty Castellanos' first move to Europe after scoring for fun at NYCFC (owned by CFG, of course) was a loan to Girona.

Which is to say, they'll play the old Pozzo game when they need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back