• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he’s better with his distribution and a calmer keeper. People need to realise where our home crowd are with Sa.
Johnstone's distribution is rubbish, can't think and too slow with it. His strength is shot stopping, the same as Sa.

Both aren't great positionally, Johnstone is more consistent but slower in thought than Sa.

Just seems like a downgrade to me

Well we do need more homegrown players. Sitting right on the threshold is very restrictive.
Don't think we are now are we?

Sa, Semedo, Lemina, Gomes, Traore, Neto, Cunha, Hwang, Sarabia, Sasa, RAN, Toti.

Only 12 registered.

Edit: Assuming Guedes, Jonny, Podence, Nunes and Jordao all leave.

Fwiw as he was on the bench yesterday Jonny. Posted before the edit 😉

It also reads like there is a brief to sign British and Irish players, given the 2 who have come in. Lage said that's what he wanted, think that's what he was told
Wasn’t it Lopetegui who said he wanted a more British core?

He did, but I thought Lage said it beforehand, may be mistaken though

That feels like a line we’ve used intermittently for a few years now.

That feels like a line we’ve used intermittently for a few years now.
Not really, from February 2018 to December 2022 - so nearly five full years - we barely signed a British/Irish player. The homegrown core (Coady, Doherty in his first spell, Ruddy, Bennett) were all here before then.

Only been redressed this calendar year.

Not really, from February 2018 to December 2022 - so nearly five full years - we barely signed a British/Irish player. The homegrown core (Coady, Doherty in his first spell, Ruddy, Bennett) were all here before then.

Only been redressed this calendar year.
We've used the line IIRC, not necessarily followed it.

What I mean is that up to this point, it's sounded as meaningful as the FFP stuff.

Your memory definitely beats the shit out of mine, so I must withdraw! :ROFLMAO:

I can just about get onside with us not changing it this window because of all the other upheaval but I want this to be his last season as our #1. Plus he's already here to 2026.

I think it says everything about our summer that news would please me.

I had keeper and CB as our key targets, but then I was foolishly thinking a top 10 push.

Elvedi wasn't even on the bench for Gladbach yesterday (got gubbed 0-3 at home by Xabi Alonso's Leverkusen), he's almost certainly off *somewhere*.

I hope all the dragging on of the deal/Kilman being shite so we just want ANYONE doesn't raise expectations unrealistically if he does sign though - he's a decent player, he's not peak Lescott/Boly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back