• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is there are no talks as such.

He's out of contract in 9 months or so and Gladbach have given up on him staying. So he won't play for them any time soon. They've placed a modest (by 2023 standards) fee on his head if someone wants to take him now.

So either we spend money that we obviously have or someone else might.

I'd be surprised if he picked us over Everton if he actually had a choice to make, but we might make that choice redundant by not actually bidding.

What about 62?
I6Y1GUQib5vM.gif

I don't feel that Nunes will necessarily be a success at City, I wouldn't be confident of hitting the add ons, hopefully it's more loaded towards up front fee.

However, as said, if all it's going to do is make the balance sheet look better, then what's the point anyway?

Brownhill, Cresswell and Johnstone are play off chasing championship targets.

I don't feel that Nunes will necessarily be a success at City, I wouldn't be confident of hitting the add ons, hopefully it's more loaded towards up front fee.

However, as said, if all it's going to do is make the balance sheet look better, then what's the point anyway?

Brownhill, Cresswell and Johnstone are play off chasing championship targets.

I’m all for it if it means we get Elvedi and a couple of others, but as mentioned before I’d be surprised if any of it got reinvested - the £80m-odd we’ve accumulated so far hasn’t been apart from tossing Kilman and Sa new deals.

#losethekeyforcresswell and #kidnapsamjohnstoneandflyhimtocambodiathealbionbastard

That'll work I think.

We were all happy with the Jota fee at the time. The issue was that in retrospect it appeared to be on finance, which we then blamed for our future suspected cashflow issues (which may or not have been related, and may or may not have existed).

Pretty impossible for cash flow to be an issue for us this time around with all the sales and no signings.

Just got an auction alert for ‘Less than 5 minutes to bid on the Max Kilman…’, but my hopes were dashed when clicking through.

We were all happy with the Jota fee at the time. The issue was that in retrospect it appeared to be on finance, which we then blamed for our future suspected cashflow issues (which may or not have been related, and may or may not have existed).

Pretty impossible for cash flow to be an issue for us this time around with all the sales and no signings.
Most Wolves fans (probably not on here) would have kept Adama over Jota in a binary choice at the time if we had to sell one.

Jota got tons of stick in his last 6-9 months here.

It wasn't the fee anyway, it was spending it all on Fabio and Hoever. Two absolutely ridiculous transfers.

Re-signing Semedo, Kilman and Sa this window screams wanting to hold onto current assests because they know (Mendes/Nunes was always on cards as leaving) it's going to be harder to replace with better quality players.

Last edited:
Yeah, I’m not entirely surprised we’ve only kept Nunes for a season to be honest. Didn’t really jump at the chance to sign for us and very much felt like a ‘stepping stone’.

We had to do Semedo in fairness. Can't let a £27m player walk for free for no reason. Especially with no other proper RB waiting behind him (Jonny is very sadly done, Dexter ain't ready for the PL yet, someone doesn't fancy Bolla and I'll have to trust them as I don't think I've ever seen him play).

Kilman and Sa I can't explain as neither needed or deserved a new deal.

I don’t think any of us can fathom why we turned down £30m for Kilman. Would have been entirely profit in a window where we apparently need it. Guess it must be related to the homegrown quota but that doesn’t explain the new deal.

Someone at the club (and it's not the manager as we've had four of them in the last year) rates him very, very highly.

I can't explain why, he's a lot of things I dislike in a centre half. And none of the things I like in a captain.

Kilman and Sa I can't explain as neither needed or deserved a new deal.
My only guess is Hobbs has played too much Football Manager and thinks giving them a new contract “boosts morale” or stops them being “unsettled” and therefore makes them play better.

You could argue the same for the captaincy as as in FM world giving the captaincy to. new signing pisses off the squad so gave it to the an old guard member.

Dawson and Lemina are the clear captains on the pitch and it’s not even hidden. It’s almost like the refs are aware of it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back