• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
So still decent return, but, as mentioned all irrelevant if it just ends up on the P+L account.

It hasn't yielded a thing yet.

And I'm a Wolves fan, not a Fosun accountant.

And we probably won't see that money anyway.

Other than that, a great transfer, truly up there with Neves
Now you're being stupid. A stupid transfer would be a Steven Mouyokolo or Patrick Cutrone.

The previous model of signing exciting talent, persuading them to come to a club like ours as a shop window to move on to one of the big boys seems to have worked on this occasion for the player. Pity there’s nothing yet to follow for the club as the owners cheque book has been locked away all summer.
Im with others that when the window shuts we’ll know if it is a satisfactory deal or not.

Now you're being stupid. A stupid transfer would be a Steven Mouyokolo or Patrick Cutrone.

Didn't you spend your first dozen posts on here recently telling all and sundry what a good move it was re-signing Doc?

Think I'll stick to my own appraisals thanks!

If we do want to sign Doyle, what are Man City going to be asking for him? I'm guessing it'll be somewhere between £20-30m.

I wouldn't be signing a 4th CM for that much.

Didn't you spend your first dozen posts on here recently telling all and sundry what a good move it was re-signing Doc?

Think I'll stick to my own appraisals thanks!
On a free. Meanwhile you all get to have a circle jerk over Semedo when he plays his one great game in ten (still partially to blame for the conceded goal, mind) before he reverts to type v Brighton and is torn a new one.

If we do want to sign Doyle, what are Man City going to be asking for him? I'm guessing it'll be somewhere between £20-30m.

I would've thought more in the £10-15M range but who knows with transfer fees these days.

He's worth nowhere near that. Shouldn't be paying more than £10m for a player that is not PL class yet put a sell on in and heavily weighted incentives.

Pointless doing anything else otherwise we're in Hoever territory again and you'd think the club would've learnt it's lesson after that.

They'll say he's a highly rated youngster with a successful Championship season and promotion under his belt.

If he was at a Championship club they wouldn't want to sell for less than £20m.

On a free. Meanwhile you all get to have a circle jerk over Semedo when he plays his one great game in ten (still partially to blame for the conceded goal, mind) before he reverts to type v Brighton and is torn a new one.

I'm just yanking your chain, man. There was a time when I felt like the sole defender of both Doc and Adama on here!

They'll say he's a highly rated youngster with a successful Championship season and promotion under his belt.

If he was at a Championship club they wouldn't want to sell for less than £20m.
He's had one and a half seasons at that level and never made a PL squads let alone played in it.

By this logic Cundle is worth the same and Hodge is worth £40m.

Alex Scott didn't go for £30m and he's one of the highest rated England youth internationals in the country

Maybe we can parade our P&L on an open top bus around the city
I used to write that about Moxey and his balance sheet!

if we sell nunes whatever we get net should be available in full, or close to it, as far as I’m concerned. I think they were already close on the £100m in, and way over the £50m mentioned for transfer profits (which may have been unofficial). if they didn’t make it available and actively deliver players in then the club/squad is clearly being fucked over. I appreciate quite a few of us think that’s likely the case already.

I'm just yanking your chain, man. There was a time when I felt like the sole defender of both Doc and Adama on here!
Thank God you’ve wisened up. 😉

Always room in the Hwang train if you miss the contrarian vibes!

He's had one and a half seasons at that level and never made a PL squads let alone played in it.

By this logic Cundle is worth the same and Hodge is worth £40m.

Alex Scott didn't go for £30m and he's one of the highest rated England youth internationals in the country
Cundle and Hodge didn't get promoted to the PL.

Scott went for £20m+ didn't he? Doyle had much more attacking output than Scott too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back