• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2019/20 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lee Hendrie has had some truly awful times. But he seems to be getting through it mentally. I hope that continues

San Siro has been ruled that can be demolished by Hertiage Italy to make way for a new 60,000 seat stadium

Was reading about it earlier. Built in the 1920's and it's very run down now, but I am surprised that they decided that the Towers have no architectural value.

It’s in a lot of ways approaching derelict. Amazing arena but behind the facade an absolute shit hole

Im also surprised that the new stadium is only 60,000 when the current capacity is 75,000.

Considering it's a ground share stadium, that is surely a missed opportunity. I can see them needing to expand it in the next decade if either Milan team wins the CL

It’s in a lot of ways approaching derelict. Amazing arena but behind the facade an absolute shit hole
I used to go over a lot 20 years ago to watch Milan play. The toilets on the top tier resembled a crack-den back then.

I went in the home end with the Ultras about 5 or 6 years ago when Seedorf was manager and was nearly high when i came out. Genuinely think i was the only one not smoking anything during the game.

Terrible atmosphere regardless. Only noise was giving Balotelli the bird.

San Siro has been ruled that can be demolished by Hertiage Italy to make way for a new 60,000 seat stadium

It's a shame as it's full of history but as has been said - it's a dump, I went there in 2017. They never fill it anymore either, top tier is always closed. In the CL group games Inter didn't sell out once iirc.

There is precedent for the San Siro. Juventus downsized massively from the always half empty Delle Alpi.

Italian stadiums typically half empty. Always found it strange watching CL games and the grounds would be dead.

It's a shame as it's full of history but as has been said - it's a dump, I went there in 2017. They never fill it anymore either, top tier is always closed. In the CL group games Inter didn't sell out once iirc.

I’ve made this mistake of thinking of the historic aspect but looking at posts made on pages like Sky scrapercity it’s an absolute dump and the upper tier is in a shocking state

There's no doubt its an iconic building, but that doesn't make it functional. Its one of the most recognisable stadiums in the world but if its not fit for purpose then you have a very costly ornament.

I remember going to Wembley as a kid and thinking what a dump it was and that was with the only other reference point of the old Molineux and Central Park.

There's no doubt its an iconic building, but that doesn't make it functional. Its one of the most recognisable stadiums in the world but if its not fit for purpose then you have a very costly ornament.

I remember going to Wembley as a kid and thinking what a dump it was and that was with the only other reference point of the old Molineux and Central Park.

Some turds can be polished and remade functional my example would be St Georges in Stafford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back