• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2019/20 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand and appreciate Deeney wanting to keep his family safe, but his reasoning is thick as pig-shit.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...s-return-i-wont-put-my-family-at-risk-Watford

They’re talking about not playing in front of fans until 2021. So if it’s not safe enough for fans to be inside a stadium why should it be safe for players to be in there?

Stop me if I'm saying something shocking to you Troy, but there's a bit of a difference between putting a couple of hundred people in a football stadium and fitting sixty thousand in one.

Your second paragraph wasn't necessary

Last edited:
You could get it down to 25 on the pitch behind closed doors,have the players and officials that's it,subs in the stands social distancing,manger on the bench,do a Phil brown at half time keep them on the pitch,full time teams walk off separately and second team allowed off when the first is in the dressing room,
Or is all that too easy and needs to be made more difficult?

Broadcasters, external medical staff, club officials, add all those in.

Broadcasters, external medical staff, club officials, add all those in.

No need for broadcasters or club officials to use the same entrances or you could argue be at the venue at all.

Medical staff could be kept separate until called on.

Deeney's not known for his intellect and proves it well on almost every occasion.

There's absolutely zero chance at all that a top flight match would be played without broadcasting staff present, unless you're proposing for it to be completely impossible for any fans to watch or listen to the match at all, in which case the whole point is moot.

There's absolutely zero chance at all that a top flight match would be played without broadcasting staff present, unless you're proposing for it to be completely impossible for any fans to watch or listen to the match at all, in which case the whole point is moot.

You would need camera and audio crews and they can use a different entrance to players and never come into contact with them or other staff. The commentators do not need to be in the stadium and neither do pundits.

League 2 is over looks like no relegation, PPG to work out promotion and play offs. I assume Barrow will be promoted from the national league to give the football league its 72 teams.

The PPG looks like it will be a little more nuanced, taking into account points won at home and those gained away and then applied to the remaining games.

Can understand it it’ll cost more to play out the season behind closed doors than ending it now.

There's absolutely zero chance at all that a top flight match would be played without broadcasting staff present.
There's usually at least a couple of people at a ground just to keep the electronic advertising boards in working order.

Anyone watching Bundesliga tomorrow? Going to take in a bit of Dortmund v Schalke I think. Plus Köln v Mainz on Sunday.

Chris iwelumo really does talk tripe, his idea no relegation or promotion throughout the the pyramid oh but just promote the top 2 from the championship due to the financial impact on Leeds and WBA. Hello mr hypocrisy, what about the financial affect on Coventry or Barrow?

Chris iwelumo really does talk tripe, his idea no relegation or promotion throughout the the pyramid oh but just promote the top 2 from the championship due to the financial impact on Leeds and WBA. Hello mr hypocrisy, what about the financial affect on Coventry or Barrow?

Yep, it's quite right that Bolton escape relegation...

Poor old Dara poted this joke yesterday

"Dara Ó Briain @daraobriain

Bloody typical how many people are suddenly “huge" fans of German Football. Some of us have been watching the Bundeslider for years; and would have been watching Bayern Dortmund vs Burundia Mortenharket anyway. Leave it to the real fans, please."

The amount of people furious they are being told what they can and can't watch is unbelievable and how can he be a fan if he can't get the name of the League correct is amazing

Probably a safe bet that none of them know who Morten Harket is either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back