• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2019/20 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morten harket won best Dorset village in bloom 2003 I think,or is he the mate of that posh bloke Budleigh Salterton?

Read somewhere today (can't remember where) that some in league 2 are proposing a regional basis now incorporating the National league teams to reduce costs for future seasons.

Would get round not promoting or relegating teams between them, but would have to revise the stadium requirements as some in the National wouldn't meet EFL standards.

Read somewhere today (can't remember where) that some in league 2 are proposing a regional basis now incorporating the National league teams to reduce costs for future seasons.

Would get round not promoting or relegating teams between them, but would have to revise the stadium requirements as some in the National wouldn't meet EFL standards.

Think a handful would fall short, plus do you relegate the bottom 4 out the national league and promote 4 from the divisions below?
Makes financial sense plus clubs should be given the option of whether they want to remain semi professional.

Think a handful would fall short, plus do you relegate the bottom 4 out the national league and promote 4 from the divisions below?
Makes financial sense plus clubs should be given the option of whether they want to remain semi professional.

The story didn't cover what happened below them. There are a fair number of National League sides who are ex EFL so should qualify stadium wise, but there are also some that would need to spend money upgrading.

Think that a lot, but not all, of the National are fully pro sides anyway (wouldn't be the case for those promoted from National North/South in most cases though)

Bath City in national south are a pretty decent sized club for that level. Quite good crowds. Very definitely semi-pro.

Bath City in national south are a pretty decent sized club for that level. Quite good crowds. Very definitely semi-pro.

There are decent sides in National South/North, but if they regionalise the next tier up with League 2 then there will be sides who will have to spend to upgrade.

My second side Woking have one stand at one end which would grace a League 1 side & they wouldn't have to do anything about the other end covered terrace & couldn't on 1 side as there's no room to build anything. Would have to replace the old 'main stands' down the other side as they were old when I was watching them in 1978 & are still there.

Twerton Park is plenty big enough. Hosted Championship football don’t forget.

Deeney's still digging his heels in.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1589876347

I can't get a haircut until mid-July but I can go and get in a box with 19 people and jump for a header?

There's no danger if all of those 19 people are being regularly tested and none have the virus, of course, but never mind that.

I totally see his points about not wanting to expose his family and about BAME people having higher death rates, but every time he's tried to articulate his problems about this specific proposal he's sounded laughably ill-informed. It's pretty clear he's happy to sit about until we're all vaccinated and there's absolutely zero risk at all... which is fine for him, I'm sure, but isn't going to work for a lot of people.

Fine. He doesn't play then. If it starts up then Watford have to manage without him.

Six positive tests for Covid 19 from 3 Premier League clubs.

Isolate the players or staff for the requisite period and then they will be fine to play by the season restart date.

1 of them is Ian Woan, Burnley Assistant Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back