• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

We are in good shape the players we had already are improved from the start of last year, and the additions look fine to me.
I have a feeling Vinagre will be huge this season probably at the expense of Doc.

We are in good shape the players we had already are improved from the start of last year, and the additions look fine to me.
I have a feeling Vinagre will be huge this season probably at the expense of Doc.
That Doc who scored with his left foot tonight after being injured and having limited minutes? Or the Doc who was the best RWB in England last season?

I hate to break it to TWF but Doherty has somehow (and we're all shocked here) become one of the best players in his position.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No way on earth Doc will be anywhere other than right on that team sheet. Jonny and Ruben Jr. will be fighting over the other spot. Nothing wrong with that.

That Doc who scored with his left foot tonight after being injured and having limited minutes? Or the Doc who was the best RWB in England last season?

I hate to break it to TWF but Doherty has somehow (and we're all shocked here) become one of the best players in his position.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Love it to. He has found his niche with nuno.. Long may it last. Played one scored one. Traore has done OK pre season for me but he doesn't make the runs Doherty does. Its now 9 1 to Doc in goals scored in the last 12 months. That tells me everything I need for Adama. Good back up for Doc. That's it.

Doc is one of our most important players. I’d pick him RWB ahead of Jonny 100/100

Doc is one of our most important players. I’d pick him RWB ahead of Jonny 100/100

Incredibly accurate sentence that many of us never thought possible. Doc ahead of an international right back.

Below par 5/10 window for me, we got the striker we so badly needed and the (potential) beano upgrade but thats not a permanent, if he does really well real will want him back. We got good fees for players who were not part of the system or getting minutes so thats a bonus. A decent/good offensive minded midfielder would have pushed it to 6-7/10, apparently nuno thinks mgw is ready

Below par 5/10 window for me, we got the striker we so badly needed and the (potential) beano upgrade but thats not a permanent, if he does really well real will want him back. We got good fees for players who were not part of the system or getting minutes so thats a bonus. A decent/good offensive minded midfielder would have pushed it to 6-7/10, apparently nuno thinks mgw is ready

... nah, I give in

Nuno is on record as saying he wants to work with a first team squad the same size as he started with last season. From that he's lost Costa, Cav, Hause and Bonatini and gained Cutrone and Vellejo, plus a raft of kids. Whether it's been a good window short term will depend on how he rates them, medium term on how good they are.

Okaaaayyyy

What if Neto turns out to be the shit, rather than shit?

What if Vallejo signs in exactly the same way as Jonny did after his "no permanent" loan?

For me it is a 6/10. Under 5 when you sign an AC Milan striker and get in a Real Madrid defender seems somewhat harsh.

He could sign he could not, I think we got very lucky with jonny because he loved us and athletico needed the money. If jesus turns out to be brilliant, why would real sell him? Also unless you feel mgw is ready, which I dont, we dont really have cover for moutinho. So hes either playing 50-60 games this season, if we do well, or we sign someone january. Or we go back to playing neves saiss when we rest him, and saiss is already covering neves and donk

He could sign he could not, I think we got very lucky with jonny because he loved us and athletico needed the money. If jesus turns out to be brilliant, why would real sell him? Also unless you feel mgw is ready, which I dont, we dont really have cover for moutinho. So hes either playing 50-60 games this season, if we do well, or we sign someone january. Or we go back to playing neves saiss when we rest him, and saiss is already covering neves and donk
Irrespective of whether MGW is ready or not Moutinho isn't starting 50+ games

Christ it's a 7/10 minimum every day with donk Raul, the twins, Jesus and Cutrone plus what looks like half the u23.I

Plus we have shipped out and cleaned house or hause!

It's the nuno show in every way now

Who is replacing him though this is what I am saying. Unless mgw steps up, which hes shown only glipmses of so far, we only has saiss. So we lose most creativity and he is already covering neves and donk who also cant start 50+ games, so effectively saiss will be starting 30 games. Not ideal if we have aspirations of european football next year again.

Given how good our recruitment has been recently and the amount we've spent on Neto he can't be anything other the good right?

I just don't see us spending that amount on someone mediocre

Christ it's a 7/10 minimum every day with donk Raul, the twins, Jesus and Cutrone plus what looks like half the u23.I

Plus we have shipped out and cleaned house or hause!

It's the nuno show in every way now

It's all about strengthening the squad from last season so you can hardly count Raul and Donk. Moxey-esque.

Unless you have a conspiricy theory re the Mendes link then suspect that Neto and/or Jordao will be of some real use this season & lift some of the burden from the front line 11

Back