• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Just like we did to tempt Kessie and Dias, yeah?

Disappointing window overall for me, we had a real chance to break into the top six, but we'll need another miraculous injury free season to get that now I think.

This.

I really thought we'd go for it given Shi's comments at the end of the season. We may have to pay over the odds to attract the level of player we now need at this stage of our development otherwise why would they come? I hope I'm proved wrong but I don't think we have enough to match last year's efforts.

7/10 window for me.

Secured Raul & Donk (which was always going to happen), tied Vinny down to an improved long term deal (the lad is absolute class) & we did bring in two players who improve and suit our squad better than Costa & Cav.

No one can question the value of money spent, but I’m still left a little underwhelmed by the lack of an additional midfielder. Personally I blame Jeff Shi for getting the fan bases hopes up too much (he should have kept his mouth shut) and we appear to have aimed a bit too high again. Whilst I appreciate the ambition, we’ve been burnt with this tactic before.

I will say that this young lad from Bayern Munich sounds like a top, top talent, though - which is exciting.

Agree pleased with what we managed to do but a little bit disappointing overall given the noises that were made by the club. Hopefully we steer clear of long term injuries and have a good season.

As City and Chelsea proved, if you aim too high, you have to pay top whack to get them to join. Footballers don't care about 'the project', they care about money and/or Champion's League football. Until we can offer the latter, we've got to stretch on the former.

That said, I am pretty excited about this young Bayern lad, everything I've read points to a highly thought of footballer, who offers something different to what we have in the squad

Don't mind paying top whack on transfer fees, but don't want potential signings holding us to ransom for outrageous wages that would piss off the rest of the squad.

Gut feeling right now is that we'll look back on this window as an opportunity missed. Chelsea and Man Utd both look vulnerable to me. But we'll soon know if Nuno and Jeff are happy with it by how much time Thelwell spends in his garden

Don't mind paying top whack on transfer fees, but don't want potential signings holding us to ransom for outrageous wages that would piss off the rest of the squad.

If the reports on Kessie are right we aren't talking about OUTRAGEOUS wages at all. He wanted about £80k a week. I must admit I am really surprised we didn't go that high on what I believe is a quality player.

It doesn't mess with my point on wages with Loader though, I don't believe. He isn't going to be asking for anything like Kessie would.

I stick with my 6/10 opinion on the window. Of course if Neto turns out to be spectacular then maybe the rating can be revised. At the moment, it is above meh, and into alright territory, but I must admit I am hardly dancing on the ceiling.

Nuno say he is happy and even more so that we haven't sold anyone important

Thing I'm most worried about...

Ower João only has a year left on his contract.

Please, please, please get him signed up longer term Wolves.

£80k a week would not be what I'd consider outrageous either.
Overall, I would suggest that whilst the starting XI hasn't changed, the squad has improved with unwanted players moved on.

Nuno say he is happy and even more so that we haven't sold anyone important

Keep Nuno and our key players was always far more important than the incomings for me. We get another year of Neves. And Jota. Etc

We have a really good squad. We’ve added two players (from AC Milan and Real Madrid) - which gives us better options than last season. We have young players who are only going to get better under Nuno

Thing I'm most worried about...

Ower João only has a year left on his contract.

Please, please, please get him signed up longer term Wolves.

I think we will do that around Christmas. Maybe a one year extension with a one year option.

Seems like reading have really done themselves over with Loader - and must have seriously pissed him off too. And on top of that, they’ve made themselves look like untrustworthy assholes.

Teams must do this and get away with it all the time though, else they wouldn’t be trying it.

Shabani is done. That could be a real coup.

We get another year of Neves

A massive bonus. Convinced we would only get 2 seasons at best from him in a Wolves shirt but that Europa Quali has helped extend that

Back