• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Meritan Shabani from Bayern

Has played a couple of times in Bundesliga for them too

Also in talks to sign Loader. I think both would be good players to have in the U23s supporting first team.

Our U23's have had a great summer :icon_rolleyes:

Think the policy of young gems from the big boys that we can develop might prove to be a very fruitful one. I still would like one big signing if possible, but we shall see at 5pm.

I still would like one big signing if possible, but we shall see at 5pm.

I think we are done.

Means we fall short of Nuno's (rumoured) target by 1 player. So we are then hoping 1 of the U23 signings or the twins can make the step up to fill that space.

I think we are done.

Means we fall short of Nuno's (rumoured) target by 1 player. So we are then hoping 1 of the U23 signings or the twins can make the step up to fill that space.

I remain hopeful that triple D will both feature (Dodgy Dynamic Duo)

It's not a bad idea at all and a natural consequence of the bigger teams hoarding youth talent - good players are just not going to get game time and become available relatively cheaply. Plus we know Nuno and co can coach up a player. Chelsea's the obvious example but look at some of the players Arsenal have lost for relative pittance (one of them being Gnabry who ironically is probably one of the ones standing in Shabani's way of getting time)

I think we'll get Kessie. No reason other than Padulla (the guy who broke the Cutrone news) is the guy reporting the bid being accepted. I would think Thelwell would be under massive pressure to do this if the bid has been accepted.

Thelwell (28/06/19) said:
Judge us at the end of the window

I'm pleased that we are (apparently) signing the likes of Shabani and Loader. They both seem pretty highly rated.

I am still hoping for that one big signing today though!

I think we'll get Kessie. No reason other than Padulla (the guy who broke the Cutrone news) is the guy reporting the bid being accepted. I would think Thelwell would be under massive pressure to do this if the bid has been accepted.

I will be surprised if we do...be nice a surprise mind.

Come on Thelwell, pull your finger out and get it done.

Reading the comments on that, they'd be disappointed at the loss abd surprised at the low fee

Back