• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

I’d take Wanyama on loan, very good player if we can keep him fit and if not he’s only on loan so it’s no big deal really.

Britney's holding the line.

Arrived in sunny Armenia ahead of tonight's game, which kicks off at 5pm UK time, the minute the transfer window shuts. No first team additions today, I'm told. Lemina and Kessie both fell by the wayside some time ago #wwfc

So we have Italian press saying all down to the player and wages
UK press (well local press) saying nowt happening deal died and thats that

Clear as mud. Guess you believe which one you want to be true.

Just waiting for thellwell to tell us that no deal is better than a bad deal

Spiers is with the team in Armenia as we speak. Think it's most likely that he's in the right on this one, unfortunately.

Spiers is with the team in Armenia as we speak. Think it's most likely that he's in the right on this one, unfortunately.

I'd doubt the team would know owt either, how many times have you heard players speaking of shock at seeing a new signing in the dressing room/training ground etc..
I look forward to seeing what we have got in, Netooooo looks quite promising.

We're apparently taking a look at Crysencio Summerville, a 17-year-old Dutch winger from Feyenoord.

Should get him in for his name alone.
They are telling him feck all

Well, it all depends- are they telling him nothing, or are they telling him concretely that there's nothing on?

If they're telling him nothing, then that's a slightly different thing, but he certainly seems to be implying that he's been told for a certainty that nothing's happening.

Been offline for a few hours so basically:
We've signed/ are signing players for the U23s
We are clinging to a report from a foreign source on a signing
Spiers says nothing in it
We say Spiers knows fuck all

Same as every other morning then

I don't know whether Spiers knows anything or not but it does make me laugh that some people are happy to believe the stuff which they like - ie Wolves in for Dias but when it's something they don't want to hear such as Dias move off or no first team signings "he knows nothing"

I don't know whether Spiers knows anything or not but it does make me laugh that some people are happy to believe the stuff which they like - ie Wolves in for Dias but when it's something they don't want to hear such as Dias move off or no first team signings "he knows nothing"

What has he reported correctly this transfer window?

Well, all his "no deal" tweets have been right so far. Easier to say no than the opposite though.

What has he reported correctly this transfer window?

That's not the point of my post though, the point is when he was reporting we were in for Dias everyone ate it up because it's something they wanted to hear but when it's not, the same people say that Spiers knows nothing.

Well, all his "no deal" tweets have been right so far. Easier to say no than the opposite though.

Including "no deal" for Cutrone and Vallejo, saying no signings an hour before 2 players came in... Yep, finger on the pulse

He didn't report it until it was virtually done as far as I remember.

No one reported on Vallejo until the morning of the deal- it was an incredibly quick turnaround on that one.

Spiers reported on Cutrone about a week in advance.

Back