• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Spiers reported on Cutrone after the story had broken in Italy.

Can people stop crediting him with stuff. He clearly knows nothing.

Did he say we weren't going to sign Vallejo and Cutrone?

Didn't break the stories but did confirm them

Been spot on with the no deals. He was saying for a few days that Alvarez is not happening. Think some have got carried away with wanting to hate on Timmy, probably because they want a signing and don't want him to be right. Wolves won't be feeding him daily info or trying to troll him. I think they will give him the nod if a reported deal is bollocks or close and so the Kessie stuff I believe what he is saying.

Easy to say something isn't happening isn't it? Far harder to break a story.

He could then say when said story is broken that it all happened really fast.

Last three summer windows Tim has said no incomings on deadline day.

Afobe
N’Diaye
Dendoncker

I'm sure we are trying but I'm not convinced we are getting anyone.

I don't see why the club would tell any of the media either way, certainly nothing to gain by telling Spiers et al. only for the fact the fans are going to get their hopes up only to then potentially not see anything happen.

He did report the Afobe deal had collapsed and he was right on that at the time but Bournemouth changed their mind at 10pm or something daft (high after beating Chelsea I think)

Didn't break the stories but did confirm them

Been spot on with the no deals. He was saying for a few days that Alvarez is not happening. Think some have got carried away with wanting to hate on Timmy, probably because they want a signing and don't want him to be right. Wolves won't be feeding him daily info or trying to troll him. I think they will give him the nod if a reported deal is bollocks or close and so the Kessie stuff I believe what he is saying.

Don't hate Tim but I'm calling him out on knowing no more than the average, local rag journo. He jumped with both feet into the Dias story but has had to reverse out with as little damage as he could.
He reads the same stuff on Twitter as anyone else and mostly calls "no deal" which is easy to do if you look at number of followers, hit rate of poster etc

I think you are right and probably nothing will happen but while there is hope and all that...

If we stay as we are the window is probably a 6/10. Solid enough but not really spine tingling.

Again I think you all read too much into him, he just reports what he might hear from wolves media dept, random people he might know with links to Wolves that's all. He doesn't have an agenda and, if he's sensible, probably thinks all the in-depth thought about his occasional tweets is a bit weird.

I await similar interesting discussions about Tim III soon too.

Tim II had a great source within the first team. We all know that. But the player moved on. Since then he has found info harder to come by. I infinitely prefer him to Tim I though.

Whenever Tim III comes on the scene it will be interesting to see the relationship he manages to strike up with the club. Tim II damaged his with his early anti Fosun reporting but has unquestionably recovered some of that lost ground.

FWIW I think someone at the club will respond to a direct link if he asks the question, with a no or a maybe, so when he says no I believe him. I don't think anybody gives him Exclusives though

Sky sources say we are close to signing Bayern Munich midfielder Meritan Shabani

Again I think you all read too much into him, he just reports what he might hear from wolves media dept, random people he might know with links to Wolves that's all.

Any old bod could do that, it just makes you a bang average no mark journalist/ tweeter/ podcaster/ social media bellend. I'm still staggered people believe him, give his stuff such kudos and then use it as a benchmark. Why would you use a man with such limited knowledge, no more than the average fan, as some sort of standard to base your opinion on?

It's weird.

Tim II had a great source within the first team. We all know that. But the player moved on. Since then he has found info harder to come by. I infinitely prefer him to Tim I though.

Whenever Tim III comes on the scene it will be interesting to see the relationship he manages to strike up with the club. Tim II damaged his with his early anti Fosun reporting but has unquestionably recovered some of that lost ground.
Yes the Jackett stuff was stupid.
Any old bod could do that, it just makes you a bang average no mark journalist/ tweeter/ podcaster/ social media bellend. I'm still staggered people believe him, give his stuff such kudos and then use it as a benchmark. Why would you use a man with such limited knowledge, no more than the average fan, as some sort of standard to base your opinion on?

It's weird.
Miss the bellend off the end then yes. He's just doing his job and, tbf, he doesn't act the big one or anything.

Completely agree re Spiers its clear he knows feck all. He's an average blogger who got lucky and then turned his hand to making semi-amusing videos with Judah. No great tactical analysis, no scoops, just Chiles-esque commentary.

Yes the Jackett stuff was stupid. Miss the bellend off the end then yes. He's just doing his job and, tbf, he doesn't act the big one or anything.

I totally agree with this. The stick he gets is absolutely bizarre.

Back