• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

What's bizarre about it?

How worked up people seem to get when we don't sign someone despite him reporting it.

How worked up people seem to get when we do sign someone and he didn't report it.

It's just weird. I don't get what he's supposed to have done to warrant the abuse he receives.

How worked up people seem to get when we don't sign someone despite him reporting it.

How worked up people seem to get when we do sign someone and he didn't report it.

It's just weird. I don't get what he's supposed to have done to warrant the abuse he receives.

Does he get abused?

Or is it more that people hold Tim up as a knowledgeable journalist and when it gets pointed out that he isn't they get all defensive?

Tim is what he is. He fell very lucky when Nash went. He was just a blogger in the Monday pullout of the E&S and must have thought Christmas had come early when he got the job. Since then he has done some good stuff, some mediocre stuff and some rubbish but his commitment to the job is entirely above question. Now he has got his big break with the Athletic.

Tim is what he is. He fell very lucky when Nash went. He was just a blogger in the Monday pullout of the E&S and must have thought Christmas had come early when he got the job. Since then he has done some good stuff, some mediocre stuff and some rubbish but his commitment to the job is entirely above question. Now he has got his big break with the Athletic.

Fair summary IMO.

You could see the progression with Timmy once the "old school" of Edwards et al left - they were clearly his favorites.

Since then, and about the time he got a missus the content improved - i found myself agreeing with most of his statements and thoughts.

The podcast him and Judah do is perfect for the commute to work - i'd never listen to it as an isolated activity though.

The banter between him and Judah felt natural and was really nice to see

The abuse he gets over transfers - i'm not sure if it's tongue in cheek or if people really are annoyed with him for reporting what he knows. If it's the latter then that's just ridiculous

Sky repeating what Timmy has said with an added "unless market conditions change" whatever that means

I’m not sure why people go by what Spiers or other journalists say anyway. Or whatever some Random faux account says on twitter. 99% of it is all bull shit. None of them know anything.

Stop hanging your hat on what someone does or doesn’t say. Then the bit worse than that is arguing about it.

I’m not sure why people go by what Spiers or other journalists say anyway. Or whatever some Random faux account says on twitter. 99% of it is all bull shit. None of them know anything.

Stop hanging your hat on what someone does or doesn’t say. Then the bit worse than that is arguing about it.

That clearly isn't true as Alex Goncalves and other journalists prove. The stories should be questioned for their veracity, it's what give journalists credibility and eventually kudos. Clubs will trust them with what information to put out there or question their motives for doing so.

A good journalist doesn't accept they are told it is raining, they will look out of the window and check. Applies to all of us really.

Guardian livefeed (who I'm assuming are just sat in front of the TV watching Sky Sports) are saying Loader's in for a medical

-edit- seems like Shabani's in as well

A good journalist doesn't accept they are told it is raining, they will look out of the window and check. Applies to all of us really.
If you want rumours you'll have to accept people saying its snowing when its actually raining bullshit.

That clearly isn't true as Alex Goncalves

and he confirmed we were talking to Benfica about Dias (SCOOP FOR TIMMY)

Just to balance out this as it feels I am defending him way too much...don't like his writing style, the bantz is shit and if he takes his E&S stories to the Athletic then he is screwed

But that's why you check isn't it?

Surely when Timmy tweets "Despite reports/rumours I am told/understanad its not true" is him popping his head out to have a look or are we assuming he just goes "ah fuck it, DENY EVERYTHING"

On the Jesus deal, that broke....then you have to assume he checked and came back with a positive tweet rather than ignore it.

That clearly isn't true as Alex Goncalves and other journalists prove. The stories should be questioned for their veracity, it's what give journalists credibility and eventually kudos. Clubs will trust them with what information to put out there or question their motives for doing so.

99% of them know nothing.

As you say applies to us all. I’m quite happy to just ignore most of it. Rather than getting all worked up because we’ve been “Linked” to a player whose good on FM.

Few more hours and this thread can go in the bin and everyone can move on with their lives.

I feel we’re one short, but time will tell if it’s going to affect us. Might go injury free and everyone performs as we hope.

But that's why you check isn't it?

Yes, but then that's not really a rumour though. I'd imagine he probably does try to check - hence his lack of random names being punted out a la Tim I.

Anyone, as before who really gives a fuck? He feeds a need and has done well out of it, good on him.

Does feel like we are getting away from the thread subject matter but as pretty much nothing is happening, it doesn’t seem a big problem!

I’m interested to see how Tim’s output will change for the athletic. I UNDERSTAND that the newbies all have to go to the states for training so presumably he will be given their style and content requirements. He has no record of doing anything in depth as the E&S output doesn’t require that. His approach will have to change quite drastically

Back