• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Why should it? It's nothing to do with tiredness that he controls the ball straight out of play and can't lay it off five yards.

I'd say it absolutely is. At this stage of his career that sort of thing is mostly going to be muscle memory. If he's too fatigued for his muscles to react how he's used to, it might not even be possible for him to properly adjust anymore.

Fucking hell, he's not been running across the length of Asia. He's played football for slightly longer than his peers for 18 months or so.

We gave him a break anyway and he was still pap afterwards.

I wouldn't underestimate the impact of the schedule Bod has had for the past couple of years.

Since April 2015:

Viking: 26 starts, 7 sub appearances
Kaiserslautern: 15 starts, 0 sub appearances
Wolves: 24 starts, 24 sub appearances
Iceland: 19 starts, 6 sub appearances

Total: 84 starts, 37 sub appearances

It doesn't seem that onerous to me. For reference Dave Edwards has made 77 starts and 15 sub appearances in the same timeframe. And he's way older.

A few people on Twitter this morning saying we have had a £2.75m bid accepted for Jordan Hugill. Sincerely hope not...

With the players coming back to start pre-season on Monday, I was hoping for a few more signings by now so they have the maximum amount of time to bed in. Perhaps Nuno wants to have a look at the players, especially the forwards, before adding to the squad?

With the players coming back to start pre-season on Monday, I was hoping for a few more signings by now so they have the maximum amount of time to bed in. Perhaps Nuno wants to have a look at the players, especially the forwards, before adding to the squad?

I would think that was a fair assessment Darlo. He said he wanted his team together before the Austria trip and I would expect more movement come 1st July when players are back from their hols.

We all know there should be at least a STR, CM, LB (and for some a 'keeper) so I would expect them to be brought in via Jorge pretty sharpish.

I'd say it absolutely is. At this stage of his career that sort of thing is mostly going to be muscle memory. If he's too fatigued for his muscles to react how he's used to, it might not even be possible for him to properly adjust anymore.

I'd say you're talking rubbish.

Hold up play is literally shielding the ball with your body while waiting for others to support.

If a strikers is knackered from too many games, it's his sharpness thats going to go, his ability to skin the last man, his forward runs etc, not shielding the ball.

if anything, a tired striker would end up doing more of that, not less.

Oh goody, another non-prolific striker. We may as well just play Mason instead.

Hopefully it's a standard agent fuelled bullshit rumour. Otherwise it's yet another sign of Thelwell's total ineptitude.

It's a smokescreen to cover the REAL targets being lined up for Wolves

Oh goody, another non-prolific striker. We may as well just play Mason instead.

Hopefully it's a standard agent fuelled bull$#@! rumour. Otherwise it's yet another sign of Thelwell's total ineptitude.

I can't see it, not even Thelwell would be that stupid. His agent seems to be working hard, linking him to Fulham, Wolves, Villa and others. He clearly wants to move but I can't see it being us.

Of course if he does move to Wolves then Thelwell lasts till August the 6th.

I'd say you're talking rubbish.

Hold up play is literally shielding the ball with your body while waiting for others to support.

If a strikers is knackered from too many games, it's his sharpness thats going to go, his ability to skin the last man, his forward runs etc, not shielding the ball.

if anything, a tired striker would end up doing more of that, not less.

I disagree. Whilst you are right in the sense that sharpeness goes, that also affects a players ability to hold the ball up. Your first touch is heavier, you don't use the right mechanics with your body to hold off the striker, it's just as visible.

On DW's point, I do think that it may be overplayed but as well as physical tiredness I'd argue he is just as fucked mentally. I don't think he's brilliant but he's a useful player to have in the squad and when he is 'fresh' I think we will see better performances.

I'd be disappointed if we don't sign a striker to be first choice. Assombalonga would be one of my preferred choices though there are concerns over his injury record. I'd sign a striker and promote Ennis as fourth choice. The boy is talented.

Mental aspect is quite often more of a factor than physical however I don't think it was as much tiredness as lack of confidence in Bods case. Bod was brilliant for the first 5 or 6 games then seemed to gradually get worse. I don't think the system helped him and I do think he's better than some would give him credit for. Despite all that I hope we are looking for better fucked or not he won't score 15 goals plus we need as a 2nd striker.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Back