• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

I dont get the fawning over this Phil guy. Bang average I'd imagine. He 25 ffs not some new prospect. Some people just dont like to admit it because people are desperate for success.

As for Miranda, he could take a season to adjust to championship football and thats the same for any of these players coming from Portugal etc, new lifestyle , new environment
new football, you just dont know how long it will take for these players to settle.

Look at the state Wolves were in last season, a near total rebuild is required and Paul Lambert had the right idea, get in players who know the league, whether he got the right ones or
not is another story but his theory was correct. One year on Im saying the same thing as PL said, this time last year I suggested British based players was the key to getting out of the championship.

You can bump this if we get promoted this season :icon_lol:
Stop attention seeking.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If attention seeking was banned we may as well close the internet

I hope(and believe) we will buy some more players and then maybe get 1-3 younger players on loan from PL sides to top it up..soon Christmas langers :)

Yeah, I did see that doing the rounds on Twitter earlier and it is quotes from the day he was unveiled. However, it does say he's taken a "short holiday".

I can only assume his "short holiday" is at home watching DVD's of our performances from last season. He couldn't possibly be away with the family enjoying himself.

I'm sure his holiday will combine the 2 pleasures of spending time with his family and looking at the shit he has taken over.

Plus no doubt moving himself into the area

Since April 2015:

Viking: 26 starts, 7 sub appearances
Kaiserslautern: 15 starts, 0 sub appearances
Wolves: 24 starts, 24 sub appearances
Iceland: 19 starts, 6 sub appearances

Total: 84 starts, 37 sub appearances

It doesn't seem that onerous to me. For reference Dave Edwards has made 77 starts and 15 sub appearances in the same timeframe. And he's way older.
Edwards also has difficulty with control and pin point 5m passes.

Few rumours on Twitter that Berbatov was at the training down today.

Pretty much what I did when I read them.

Few rumours on Twitter that Berbatov was at the training down today.

Funnily enough I saw the same rumours, but didn't think anything of them as the post I saw said he was "on trial". How can you be "on trial" when there's no other players or a Manager about?

On a separate note, Zyro has posted he is fit and ready to start for pre-season. The proverbial "like a new signing" football fans love.

It'll be good to have him back.

Yup pleased to read that, remember being confused as to who he was when we signed him and then instantly liking what I saw, glad he is back for the start of pre season too.

According to the rumours site Berbatov will be playing as a 10, just behind Assombalonga...

Funnily enough I saw the same rumours, but didn't think anything of them as the post I saw said he was "on trial". How can you be "on trial" when there's no other players or a Manager about?
If it was true (isn't but let's pretend).....he would probably be there for fitness checks etc. Maybe working with one of the coaches to get him up to speed ahead of proper training.

Fitness trial? Hasn't he been without a club since last summer?

Back