• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Totally unimpressed so far. Not even a good rumour doing the rounds.

Please, tell us all you know about Roderick Miranda and Phil Ofosu-Ayeh which means they are already a write off and definitely weren't worth signing in areas where we have been seriously deficient for ages.

We were linked with Ronny :D!

Phil and Miranda look good buys to me.

Its very early to start to panic about who is/isn't coming in. Miranda looks a good prospect, Phil....well on paper doesn't look anything special, but you gotta give the guy a chance surely, we simply aren't going to be buying 5 or 6 top class, well known names, hopefully we'll get a good CM and striker in before pre-season and I'd be happy enough with that

I wonder what Nuno has been up to. We've not heard from him since the day he was announced!

watching Batth Doherty and Ikeme on the last two years videos and recoiling in horror. Then to improve his mood he watched " a season of goals" by dangerous Dave. As that also failed to impress he decided to watch the strikers highlight reels 2016-17. As that only lasted 2 minutes, he decided to try and sign players instead. Hence we have three newbies lol. Currently scouting for a goalkeeper and a striker , whilst suffering from painkiller withdrawal.

I wonder what Nuno has been up to. We've not heard from him since the day he was announced!
Nowt for him to say at the moment is there. The club starts work again next week so the media stuff will start again. No doubt we will get an interview after Day 1 of preseason.

Phil has generally been considered one of the best two or three fullbacks in 2.Bundesliga IIRC. No idea how high a bar that is, though.

Oh good, we've not had that rumour for a while.

I dont get the fawning over this Phil guy. Bang average I'd imagine. He 25 ffs not some new prospect. Some people just dont like to admit it because people are desperate for success.

As for Miranda, he could take a season to adjust to championship football and thats the same for any of these players coming from Portugal etc, new lifestyle , new environment
new football, you just dont know how long it will take for these players to settle.

Look at the state Wolves were in last season, a near total rebuild is required and Paul Lambert had the right idea, get in players who know the league, whether he got the right ones or
not is another story but his theory was correct. One year on Im saying the same thing as PL said, this time last year I suggested British based players was the key to getting out of the championship.

You can bump this if we get promoted this season :icon_lol:

Dont think anyone is fawning over Phil, rather just hoping he's better than what we have......we'll only know when he has 5/6 games under his belt. Imo the main reason some of last years imports didn't make it was cos they never had a proper run in the team together, still think Saiss, Tex and Prince could have been good given enough time together.
I'm not convinced you need Champ experience to do well, rather just need good players with a decent attitude. Anyway, players with Champ experience who are not already with clubs are generally shit

Dont think anyone is fawning over Phil, rather just hoping he's better than what we have......we'll only know when he has 5/6 games under his belt. Imo the main reason some of last years imports didn't make it was cos they never had a proper run in the team together, still think Saiss, Tex and Prince could have been good given enough time together.
I'm not convinced you need Champ experience to do well, rather just need good players with a decent attitude. Anyway, players with Champ experience who are not already with clubs are generally $#@!

Some of the attached ones aren't very good either!
Last season we had British, Championship experienced players like Ikeme, Lonergan, Coady, Batth, Stearman, Doherty, Price, Evans, Saville and Mason and we were bloody brilliant! Those foreign types like Saiss, Cavaleiro and Costa really cost us a promotion push :icon_biggrin:

Precisely - championship experience or not I just want good footballers.

Precisely - championship experience or not I just want good footballers.

Indeed. "Championship experience" is a ridiculous myth that needs to be dropped.

Andy Lonergan has nearly 350 games of "Championship/football league experience" to his name and I think we all agree he's absolute pony.

Dave Edwards has nearly 300 appearances to his name for us. The absolute epitome of "championship experience", yet if he played for someone else and we were about to sign him, quite rightly, we'd all be furious.

Drop the "championship experience" thing. It's crazy & doesn't make sense.

I wonder what kind of use Wolves will make of the loan market this season. It has worked well for a few championship sides recently.

I wonder what kind of use Wolves will make of the loan market this season. It has worked well for a few championship sides recently.

Well we loaned Costa and that went well.
Stearman was not a failure nor a success
CBJ, Tex and Ola "take him if you want Helda & Ivan" John not so well

I hope they use it sensibly in a "with a view to buying" way

Back