• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Guess and stir are saying that we're after Josh Scowen from Barnsley on a free
On a free! No ambishun,doing it on the cheap aye we,boo Jeff out,Chinese Mafia(triads?) out etc etc

Why do people pass the E&S rumours page off as if it's coming from the paper? It isn't, by their own admission it's rehashing bullshit which is out there from any old site with zero credibility.

Why do people pass the E&S rumours page off as if it's coming from the paper? It isn't, by their own admission it's rehashing bull$#@! which is out there from any old site with zero credibility.

It's rehased from a few journalists and the rumours of Scowen moving to Fulham, Villa, Brentford and us have been around for a few months now. More than likely it's his agent pushing for a move to one of these clubs and using the papers to generate interest.

There's going to be plenty of it in the next few weeks as players come back from their hols.

Hi Wolves supporters,

There's rumors in Sweden that your icelandic striker Jon Bödvardsson is linked with the Swedish champions Malmö FF.

Do you think it is realistic that he could leave Wolves already? We are in need of a tall striker for our CL qualification games.

How would you discribe him on the field?

Cheers and good luck in the Championship!

It depends on what treats Mr Mendes is lining up for us but in principle I think we'd sell for what we paid, if a replacement was in the offing.
He's actually played pretty well for us and works hard BUT he just doesn't score anything like enough goals. His best position seems to be wide right in a forward 3 not central.

Hi Malmo,
I think it could be realistic, but I'd be surprised if we didn't take a look at him in pre season before making a decision. For the first 6 weeks he was a real leader of the line, worked the channels and scored a couple of good goals. He then got a minor injury and wasn't ever the same for the rest of the season apart from a cameo at Liverpool in the FA Cup. He only scored one more goal and his finishing was woeful. Some think he was just tired after 2 years without a break, others that he was running on adrenalin for that first month or so and what we saw afterwards was the true JDB. If the choice was him leaving or starting the season as our first choice forward at the moment I'd choose the former.

I'd happily let him go, nice guy, tries hard but nothing like good enough.

Hi Wolves supporters,

There's rumors in Sweden that your icelandic striker Jon Bödvardsson is linked with the Swedish champions Malmö FF.

Do you think it is realistic that he could leave Wolves already? We are in need of a tall striker for our CL qualification games.

How would you discribe him on the field?

Cheers and good luck in the Championship!

I could definitely see him leaving as we just gave our other striker Dicko a 4 year contract and we need to be improving our strike force if we want to get promotion next year.

Bodvarsson is an extremely hard worker, very strong, fast for his size and has a surprisingly good touch. He just doesn't have that goal scoring instinct to take him to the next level. JDB had played a full season for Viking, a full season with Kaiserslautern and then went to the Euros with Iceland before he joined us so he's played non stop for 2-3 years and he definitely seemed to tire as the season went on so maybe we haven't seen the best of him but I doubt there would be many Wolves fans who would be sad if we sold him.

It looks like we will be bringing in quite a few new players over the summer and I could very well see him leaving. He has played mostly up front so far and could probably at best expect to be third choice in that position.

I thought he played well the times I saw him, mostly in the early season, but seemed very tired towards the end and apparently hadn't had a proper break for a very long time. He is extremely hard working, quite mobile, a decent physical presence and okay technique. His finishing is awful though, which begs the question of what his best position actually is. I doubt he would be a very effective traditional winger. Probably as wordsleywolf says a wide forward or up front alongside a "classical" goalscoring striker. I think he would do well in Sweden and would probably rise to the occasion in big matches in Europe. I sort of like him but have more or less accepted he isn't quite good enough to be a regular starter for us.

What the others have said - plus we could then stop the 'Icelandic clap' which the South Bank (& I include myself) have never properly mastered

Thank you very much for the answers.

It's pretty much our strategy to buy players who's failed in the bigger leagues and give them a second chance.

Markus Rosenberg didn't impress in WBA, then he went home and took us to the Champions League two times in a row.

Hopefully Bödvarsson could do the same thing.

Again, thank you for the friendly replies. Much appreciated.

Don't think I'll ever get over how agile, fast and decent at dribbling Jon Dadi is (for a big guy). Quite funny to watch at times

Don't think I'll ever get over how agile, fast and decent at dribbling Jon Dadi is (for a big guy). Quite funny to watch at times

I don't think he's a centre forward I think he's a winger, just a big one like Waddle. Shame for him we had Helder Costa and latterly Ben Marshall who are better at it.

He can't cross for shit, I don't think he's any kind of option out wide. Just a not very good striker.

I think that's harsh DW, he dribbled well and put in some decent balls. I don't think he could ever cross from deep but I think he could run his full back well. I think he's a poor centre forward though, he just doesn't have that ability to get shots off on target on a regular basis.

He isn't a patch on Helder though.

JDB is never going to be the striker we need. There's an argument for having him as a target man in a front two but I don't think we'll be playing that way

Don't think he's much of a target man either. Doesn't win much in the air and can't really hold it up. It's nuisance value that he offers primarily, through work rate.

Agree on headers, lost wayyy too many, again for his build and size, and the fact a million balls were hoofed at him

Seems to me that hold up play would naturally be one of the first facets of a striker's game to go extinct after too much time without rest.

I like Bod a lot. I don't know if he's ever going to be the answer but I would be a little sad if we didn't give him a few chances to prove himself this season. If it doesn't work, sell him in January.

Seems to me that hold up play would naturally be one of the first facets of a striker's game to go extinct after too much time without rest.

Why should it? It's nothing to do with tiredness that he controls the ball straight out of play and can't lay it off five yards.

Back