• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Only 1 signing and its week 2 of June! Dull so far as well, they seem to be keeping most targets a secret.
As a result I'd like to be the first this season (on here at least - I think) "Boo, Fosun and Nuno out"!

They do seem to be keeping targets quiet though. Better than usually.

Probably don't know their targets yet. Nuno & Co. have only been here a few days and have a lot of videos to go through. ;)

Arsenal will probably be in for Mahrez and although I suppose he would work quite well as the right winger in Conte's 3-4-3 hypothetically they already have pedro, Willian plus Palmer and Brown if they ever bother to bring some young players through.

I thought a team like Everton/Southampton might take a punt but I'll be delighted if we can keep him. I feel we will have an influx of signings before pre-season starts for the most part. It's important Nuno has pre-season to embed his ideas with the players, something Fosun did not get to do last year.

If we can get the signings right I am far more confident about challenging for the top six than a few weeks ago when Lambert was still in charge. GK, CB, LB, RB (depending on if he rates Iorfa and Silvio signs..), CM, ST. It's quite a lot but won't be as troublesome if, like I said, we get the majority of the signings in early.

That Krovinovic guy is going to Benfica according to the Portuguese press.

That Krovinovic guy is going to Benfica according to the Portuguese press.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't qualify for a work permit so he was a pretty unlikely signing. And yes I think he needs a permit even though Croatia are in the EU due to some.sort.of time.lag with free movement.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't qualify for a work permit so he was a pretty unlikely signing. And yes I think he needs a permit even though Croatia are in the EU due to some.sort.of time.lag with free movement.

The government have transitional restrictions on immigration, Croatians need a colour coded Visa depending on job offer/sponsor, student/remaining postgrad or self employed.

I don't know how similar/dissimilar this is to signing let's say a Uruguayan because if they have a job offer they should be ok. Quite a grey area me thinks.

Not a big surprise and I can't see I'm that bothered. I was always a bit meh about signing him. The end of August will be abetter time to judge properly though
www.expressandstar.com/sport/footba...7/06/06/wolves-call-off-andreas-weimann-deal/

Agreed.

We have good options in the wide areas already (especially with Graham returning and Zyro should be good to go in pre-season), I'm sure we'll be bringing in a couple of additional wingers over the summer to compete with them and it means we won't have a use for Weimann in those areas.

As for a central striker (if Nuno sticks to his favoured 4-3-3) he isn't good enough, nor prolific enough, to play that role. And a new forward has to be high on the recruitment agenda too.

So you have to ask where Weimann really fits in to any future plans? Answer: He doesn't really. Thanks for the goal v Liverpool and all the best for the future.

Not very good on the wing and up front I don't think he's ever going to score many goals. Think we need a better level of player than Weimann now if we want to compete.

Gives Cyber something to moan about, like footballing care in the community

I quite liked Weimann and at £1.5M he would've been a steal but as has been said we're already well stocked out wide and hopefully we have someone better lined up for up front.

Cheers for the winner at Anfield Andi.

I'm not too fussed but there is an argument to be had that he was our best centre forward last season. Dicko, if he can get back to something like his best, is better.

I'd say that we are looking for two new strikers to come in.

Kinda think this bodes well for an flurry of transfer activity over the coming weeks. No thanks Andi, we've got bigger fish to fry...

Kinda think this bodes well for an flurry of transfer activity over the coming weeks. No thanks Andi, we've got bigger fish to fry...

This was my original thought - I'd have been more than happy for us to sign him, provided he was used as a striker where he belongs. He was our most effective centre forward last season but I accept that's akin to a tallest dwarf competition. But I can't say I'm devastated at this news.

Thanks for that goal at Anfield, Andi - good luck etc.

A 6/10 Championship player when we will hopefully be signing 8's and 9's

What is his actual main position?

LF in a Conte special perhaps?

I think it all depends what formation we play, its pointless playing Weimann up top on his own and he isn't a winger. I suspect he would do well in a front 2 (big man little man scenario)

Rowett will like him and could pair nicely with Martin.

Back