• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

No to O'Shea.

On Saiss, big ifs and buts but if we did have a pair of good fullbacks and the other 2 centre mids next to him weren't shite, I think he'll be good at CDM. I've been in his corner since we first saw him, I know he is slow as shit and picks up yellows, as well as a few bad errors passing, but there's deffo a good player there. Could argue the same for a few players, but, with a solid system and actually knowing his role properly, whatever that is, will help. Feel there's a bit more to be brought out of him... Can't say the same about a lot of the others

The O'Shea story is probably based on contact made under the previous regime. I cannot imagine Nuno dreaming of a central defence of O'Shea and Ryan bloody Bennett. Lambert on the other hand...........

I'm looking forward to saiss next season - a lot of foreign players struggle in heir first seasons and hit form afterwards. Hopefully he will too, as he has clear ability.

I'm looking forward to saiss next season - a lot of foreign players struggle in heir first seasons and hit form afterwards. Hopefully he will too, as he has clear ability.

This bit really pisses me off and it's not the fact that they struggle it's the fact that so many fans, journalists etc fail to realise this and expect players to settle as if they have moved next door rather than to a different country.

Seen him a couple of times live - clearly has some good points/skill, just not sure about his mobility. A tendency to get caught in possession sometimes which with last years back line was not a good idea.

Seen him a couple of times live - clearly has some good points/skill, just not sure about his mobility. A tendency to get caught in possession sometimes which with last years back line was not a good idea.
It looked to me like he knew that he was the only center mid we had that was going to pass forward, but that awareness caused him to try too hard and overextend himself.

No he's not. He was but if you have seen him in the last 2 seasons he definitely isn't.

I'd take him over our current Cab's but that's just my opinion. The last 2 years he's been in a dodgy team against premier league strikers

He's 36 years old. Time most definitely up.

I'd take him over our current Cab's but that's just my opinion. The last 2 years he's been in a dodgy team against premier league strikers

There's a reason Sunderland have been dodgy, it's the players and he was certainly among them. His legs have gone completely imo. I'd love it if he played against us for Sunderland (he will now and have a stormer while scoring a brace)

I'm not saying he's Franz beckenbaur but he's an order of magnitude better than Baath

I'm not saying he's Franz beckenbaur but he's an order of magnitude better than Baath

I'd rather stick with Danny and see what the Nuno can do. Lets face it we won't spend millions because they cant. Can we spot another Kightly? Call me completely bonkers but I wouldn't completely dismiss Landell.

I'd rather stick with Danny and see what the Nuno can do. Lets face it we won't spend millions because they cant. Can we spot another Kightly? Call me completely bonkers but I wouldn't completely dismiss Landell.

You're bonkers. He's not good enough, saw him several times last year at league 1 level in the best team and after an ok start he was so bad. If we can get any money for him we should.

Wouldn't stay with Landell - he's OK at this level if your desire is merely to stay in the division, but he won't push you further up.

Really need to have better than that if we want promotion & not an ageing CH whose best years are well behind him

Id rather have Kenny circa 2012 in his Wolf 7 a side days then O sHEA..

You're bonkers. He's not good enough, saw him several times last year at league 1 level in the best team and after an ok start he was so bad. If we can get any money for him we should.

I'm definitely bonkers but he's better as somebody who has 'progressibility' than a John O'Shea (when cash is short). This is why I dont get the cock waving about the success of our academy (in terms of WWFC progressing on the field).

Id rather have Kenny circa 2012 in his Wolf 7 a side days then O sHEA..

I was fine for 7 minutes then my lungs decided that was that and then the rest of body agreed #earlyretirement

Back