• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Mendes client Pepe is looking for a new club.....won't be Wolves mind

Theexcellent season that has made Eibar has not gone unnoticed in England, where several teams have set their sights on the Barça squad. Among the different arsenal players who are on the agenda of British clubs, highlights above all of Florian Lejeune. The French central has shone with its own light in his first campaign in Ipurua and the 10 million of his clause make him a very appealing player.
As the newspaper said three months ago, the Premier may be Lejeune's fate. Arsenal was the first team to be interested in their situation, but it is not the only one. Tottenham are also following in their footsteps, and according to what has been known MARCA, in recent weeks has joined the bid Newcastle. In fact, the Magpies have taken the lead to the Gunners and the Spurs, and today they leave with advantage to get their signing.
Lejeune has received a formal offer from Newcastle that doubles his current salary and offers him four years of contract. An irreproachable offer with which the Eibar could not compete and that would distance the French from Arsenal and Tottenham. In his return to the Premier, Rafa Benítez wants to underpin the axis of the rear and his first option is that of Lejeune, for which he would be willing to pay the 10 million of his clause.
[h=3]The Wolves, for Baby[/h]Another player who could leave the discipline azulgrana to recalar in the British soccer is Baby, although its situation is very different from the one of Lejeune. Mainly, because the Eibar has already informed him that he does not have it and will listen to offers that arrive. In recent days have intensified the rumors that link the Portuguese footballer with Wolverhampton.
From England they indicate that Nuno Espirito Santo would have requested the transfer of the end of the Eibar, of which 50% of the rights belong to Benfica. In Ipurua they would accede to its sale in exchange for a million. An amount simply assumed by the Wolves. Baby has days counted as gunsmith.

Whilst I don't disagree it would be horrible and hilarious in equal measure if we were to sign Bebe... having looked at his stats, is there a chance he may have finally found his feet as a professional footballer?

5 goals in 26 appearances in La Liga last season. Could he do a job in the Championship?

Probably not.

Wasn't he the "next big thing" at one point? What happened??

Id take Bebe over hugill

Actually, I'm not sure I would. Can't we just sign assombalonga?

Wasn't he the "next big thing" at one point? What happened??

Got a big move to United far too soon in his career, never got a look in (understandably as he isn't very good). Has had several loan moves for the best part of a decade, never settling. He's had about one decent season during that time for Paços de Ferreira in the Portuguese Premier League, but other than that not really done anything. I believe he also had a couple of long term injuries (did his cruciate knee ligament in IIRC).

If we were to sign him (which I don't think we will) we would be mocked by a worldwide audience due to the fact Manchester United fans consider him their worst signing of all time.

Got a big move to United far too soon in his career, never got a look in (understandably as he isn't very good). Has had several loan moves for the best part of a decade, never settling. He's had about one decent season during that time for Paços de Ferreira in the Portuguese Premier League, but other than that not really done anything. I believe he also had a couple of long term injuries (did his cruciate knee ligament in IIRC).

If we were to sign him (which I don't think we will) we would be mocked by a worldwide audience due to the fact Manchester United fans consider him their worst signing of all time.

And don't forget that Man Utd signed Eric Djemba Djemba and Ralph Milne.

Bebe would be a horrendous signing - he's terrible!

:icon_lol:

It's like Mini Langers playing on FIFA when he's swapped the shoot and cross buttons around by mistake.

He moved to United for about £7M a few weeks after his previous club had picked him up on a free. SAF later admitted that he'd never seen him play and signed him on the recommendation of Carlos Quieroz (read Mendes). Gestifute pocketed a massive % of the transfer fee.

There are numerous "highlight" vids but virtually all of them he looks dreadful. Go get him Kev!

That crossing video is awful but he's not anywhere near that bad now. I've seen him a couple of times this season and he wasn't terrible but he wasn't great either. He did have a good season the time before that when he was on loan at Vallecano. I wouldn't want us to sign him especially when we've got the wide options we have but i doubt many have seen him play since his time at Utd and would be basing any judgement on that.

Back