• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Not hard to be an upgrade on last year really, but looking good for other recruitment

Now a LB please unless Silvio is staying & is fit enough to last the season

Put Silvio in his natural RB position and buy a LB. Whisper it quietly but this could be the end of Doherty, Edwards, Saville and Coady.

Put Silvio in his natural RB position and buy a LB. Whisper it quietly but this could be the end of Doherty, Edwards, Saville and Coady.

Please god! And Begovic has gone to Bournemouth Federici or Boruc anyone?

No thanks to both, Boruc is way too old and Federici is a fatty who is as prone as Ikeme to ludicrous rickets.

I'd never turn my nose up at the Holy Goalie.

I'd be happy with Silvio at left back and for Nuno to try and get Iorfa back to his best.

Boruc is 37 but would still be an upgrade. No international commitments or similar. Had a decent season with Bournemouth even if he let loads in. We could and should be looking longer term. As a two year deal? I would. Hahnemann was the precident for that type of signing and that proved good business.Green really helped Leeds. I guess , however, that iuf everything pawns out with Juno then a Portuguese keeper could be coming!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd take Nuno in goal over Ikeme and Lonergan.

My mistake - thought he was a LB (certainly one who showed that he understood what defending was, which was a novelty for us)

Never really rated Boruc and thought he was the worst keeper in the prem, admittedly was fantastic last year when I saw him, however always felt he has been too slow to react to get his footwork going on shots he needs to fully dive and extend for.

Anyway would I have him at Wolves, probably...

Never really rated Boruc and thought he was the worst keeper in the prem, admittedly was fantastic last year when I saw him, however always felt he has been too slow to react to get his footwork going on shots he needs to fully dive and extend for.

Anyway would I have him at Wolves, probably...

If Emi Martinez is an option I'd have him over both Bournemouth keepers mentioned

If we are after an older keeper, Nuno can get Iker Casillas to slum it for a year....

Looks like Roderick Miranda could be Nuno's first signing.

Don't you hate these managers/head coaches that go back to their old clubs for players?

Not when it's Lambert coming back in for his favourite box to box midfielder and his super attacking fullback.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Back