• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Positive hat on:

- Better than Batth, Stearman, EEL (WHY THE FUCK DID WE GIVE HIM A NEW DEAL?) & Iorfa
- 6 years younger than Williamson and nowhere near as injury prone
- Free transfer
- Could be decent back up for Hause and a new (higher profile) CB.

I don't think he's better than Batth.

Apparently that young lad from the German second division was undergoing a medical too. Maybe the Ryan Bennett thing is a big ruse or Thelwell's last hurrah as a '$#@! you' to Wolves.

From Facebook (I know) about Bennett by the same people who kicked up a fuss about Lambert being sacked and Fosun in general... "I think it's a good signing solid centre back"... "Yeah good signing" and possibly my favourite so far "Maybe not directly a client of mendes but would imagine mendes has his grubby hands on it indirectly somewhere along the line."

I am seeing Nuno as Lord Flasheart and Thelwell as Lord Percy when he throws him through the door at Blackadder's wedding to Bob

I am seeing Nuno as Lord Flasheart and Thelwell as Lord Percy when he throws him through the door at Blackadder's wedding to Bob

"Pricey! Like the beard! Gives me something to hang on to!"

Tim Spiers‏Verified account @tim_spiers_Star 2m2 minutes ago

Ex-Norwich centre half Ryan Bennett on a free transfer is a go. Aged 27, more than 300 appearances. Announced in next couple of days.

Expecting a number of new signings in the next week or two. #wwfc

Ex-Norwich centre half Ryan Bennett on a free transfer is a go. Aged 27, more than 300 appearances. Announced in next couple of days.

Maybe it's a cheap "British" signing to placate the plebs when Mendes finds us a raft of those foreign types ;)

We obviously need a freebie in to allow more cash to spare for our landmark £20m+ summer signing.

I think Ryan Bennett is better than Stearman, Batth, EEL, and I wouldn't be too concerned to see him alongside Hause but it's not a high bar. And not the kind of signing to get enthused about, nor one with a promotion challenge in mind IMO.

I love the idea that fans somehow think Mendes, argubaly the busiest agent in the world, who manages a raft of players at various levels right up to superstar level, is finding the time to interfere and move along the free agent signing of Ryan Bennett.

He really is a terrible journalist. He should at least credit the Beeb for breaking the story first.

I think Ryan Bennett is better than Stearman, Batth, EEL, and I wouldn't be too concerned to see him alongside Hause but it's not a high bar. And not the kind of signing to get enthused about, nor one with a promotion challenge in mind IMO.

I've said on the other thread that it looks like we could be buying 3 CB's with Bennett, Miranda and Cardoso. That wouldn't leave a lot of space for EEL and Batth as you would expect Hause to be kept on.

I've said on the other thread that it looks like we could be buying 3 CB's with Bennett, Miranda and Cardoso. That wouldn't leave a lot of space for EEL and Batth as you would expect Hause to be kept on.

Indeed - Bennett as a back up option doesn't seem so bad.

Can't see him replacing Lonners, TBF....

DBKLNMvW0AEuoAj.jpg

If he's happy to sit on the bench & play in the cup games then I'm all for it...

Don't agree with the outrage over Bennett.

He's younger than Williamson and has a much better injury record. He's got plenty of the much lauded Championship/Premier League experience a section of our fans are crying out for, he can control a football, he won't cost us a penny to bring in and won't be on massive wages, he's a big lad who will be up for the physical challenge of the Championship.

Sure, he's not the most glamorous of names on paper, but we need to add some solid experienced footballers in to the mix of flair/skillful lads that Mendes will be sending our way. On that front, offering Bennett a contract makes perfect sense.

(Plus he's better than EEL, Batth & the departed Stears).

It's not about glamour though, it's that he's always prone to a horrendous ricket and at 27, it isn't like he's some young kid who's going to grow out of it. We've just got rid of someone who's fit that exact profile for the past decade, why would we want to sign a slightly younger version of the same thing? I certainly wouldn't describe him as "solid". I've seen more solid sandcastles.

Find me a defender in the Championship who isn't prone to the odd "ricket".

Back