• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

I had a read of the thread on MM and the 'ITK' seems to be saying that we are selling Ronan to Pompey as Fosun want to make some money. It's utter horse $#@!.
I could definitely see him going on loan there.

It's absolute nonsense. Doesn't make any sense, does it. Who's made that call for a start? Thelwell? Doubt it. He probably signed the pair of them himself. Fosun? They've looked at last season and decided those two have to go, out of everyone? Wouldn't have thought so. Nuno? He probably doesn't even know who they are.

It didn't take a great deal of guesswork to think Nuno had a good chance of getting the job here - indeed we all speculated on it - some idiot guessed right (and first, presumably) and now wants a bit more attention.

Claim want to make money so agree to sell one of our brightest youths to club with hardly any money. Classic.

So it begins today, who will we be linked with? What kind of style/calibre of player does Nuno want? Will Costa stay for at least 6 more months?

Pompey are pretty well off post takeover to be fair but they're not going to get Ronan. Price maybe.

No direct quotes from Miranda, and even if it's true it just means he's deluded. He's decent but he won't have Prem teams clamoring for him.
If it were true though it's irrelevant whether he is deluded, perception is reality

To be fair there may be a bit of a language issue. He's not really saying anything much different to Bennett, so perhaps they've just put a slightly different slant on it? And let's be honest, do we want players who are happy to be Championship players?

Got to say, I agree.

Can't wait to see Graham-Cav-Costa behind our new 30 goal a season centre forward next season...
Emotional return for Seol?

Would they work as a front three right up top with them all being allowed to interchange do we think?

Cav and Costa both definitely have the finishing skills.

Nah, we need more goals than they'll offer between them. We tried playing Cav up front under Walt, he tried his best but it didn't work.

I have a concern about Cav if we do go 4-3-3, it doesn't suit him. He's better centrally behind a front man (a space which doesn't exist in 4-3-3), a fit and on form Graham would be a better option on the left in that system and by quite a way.

If we do go 4-3-3 then I wouldn't be surprised to see the full backs offering the width and a narrow pair like Pedro and Hazard who operate as inside forwards. Means the deepest of the three midfielders can drop back into a centre back position when the full back(s) bomb forward.

Back