• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Find me a defender in the Championship who isn't prone to the odd "ricket".

It's not the "odd ricket", it's "lots of rickets". Like, bordering on Efe Ambrose level. He's a bumbling clown. Actually the nearest match in the Championship would probably be Nathan Baker.

It's not the "odd ricket", it's "lots of rickets". Like, bordering on Efe Ambrose level. He's a bumbling clown. Actually the nearest match in the Championship would probably be Nathan Baker.
I watched David Luiz drop an enormous "ricket" last weekend in the FA Cup final - doesn't mean I wouldn't have him at Wolves tomorrow. It happens at every level, up and down the country every week. The key is consistency, and on that front, we'll have to agree to disagree. IMO he's a solid defender who improves our squad.

Besides, he hasn't even been officially announced yet!

Price to Pompey to link up with Ken.

Who will spend the next three years signing any and every midfielder to replace him...

Shouldn't mock, we wouldn't have had any full backs if he didn't :stirthepot:

According to the same guy who said that staff were being sacked over on the Mix also says that we're willing to sell Ronan, Graham, Batth and Ikeme.

The latter 2 wouldn't bother me but I'd be very disappointed if Ronan and Graham left, especially when you've got dross like Edwards and Saville still there.

It could be lies but thought it worth mentioning.

There is no chance we will sell Ronan or Graham, he's attention seeking

I guess that's my only worry about this whole nuno thing is that the promising youngsters don't get a chance, hopefully they will as surely Fosun wouldn't want to lose potential stars for not much money.

A reasonable signing but hardly exciting, I'm guessing that's Thelwell again.

Edit - just text a friend of mine who is a Norwich fan and he said he's been gradually getting worse.. Not exactly what I was looking for.

Oh well I guess he's another squad player

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

This seems like it's come from thelwell and lambert and was already sorted before all the changes. Honestly haven't seen him play enough to know what he's like.

Bennett confirmed.

The only way I can justify it is if we get £500k or so for EEL (who he is definitely better than) and that pays for most of Bennett's contract for a year. But it's not a road I'd have gone down.

One of those where you could have asked me to name 50 potential centre half signings and he wouldn't have got near the list.

Looking at his comments (no mention of new gaffer) seems a bit of a strange one, as it sounds like it's been done relatively recently. Not overly concerned as if Nuno don't rate him he won't play (hopefully) looks like Thelwell still has clout behind the scenes?

A reasonable signing but hardly exciting, I'm guessing that's Thelwell again.

Edit - just text a friend of mine who is a Norwich fan and he said he's been gradually getting worse.. Not exactly what I was looking for.

Oh well I guess he's another squad player

Could also be that he just needed a change of scenery. It happens.

As long as he can clear a ball properly he's an improvement.

Could also be that he just needed a change of scenery. It happens.

As long as he can clear a ball properly he's an improvement.
Could be right he mentions last season and not really having anything to play for in his interview certainly doesn't lack confidence.

I guess we have to wait and see, surely he's better than Batth.

I really hope this ronan and graham stuff are for sale stuff is rubbish - it's put a crimp on my new boss buzz.

I can't see that our new 'it's all about the passing' boss would ditch someone like ronan though, and anyone would be stupid to ditch someone with as much potential as graham without a decent hearing, so I'm hoping it's just rubbish.

I had a read of the thread on MM and the 'ITK' seems to be saying that we are selling Ronan to Pompey as Fosun want to make some money. It's utter horse shit.

Back