• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Well, he's a Benfica fan I assume, with a trophy at the end of his post, and they won the league this weekend. Their 37th title I believe.

It's cryptic stuff you have to admit.

If he goes he goes, as long as we get a good replacement it shouldn't matter.

Yeah, we are part of the Mendes merry-go-round now, as long as we get what we paid for him and a better replacement then I will be happy. I like Cav, but he's no Costa.

There are plenty of other players which I'd like to be leaving before Ivan.

It's ok...Lambert will have someone lined up from Blackburn to replace him

I'd be gutted to see Cav go, I think he'd be in for a massive season having settled in to that #10 role. Losing him and Costa in the same Summer will give us problems, regardless of the quality of their replacements because you can't expect them to come and hit the ground running. That said, neither have any business playing in the Championship.

If it means we balance the books better to be able to keep Costa then I don't mind. If they both end up leaving then it's a disaster.

If it means we balance the books better to be able to keep Costa then I don't mind. If they both end up leaving then it's a disaster.

Depends who comes in I guess, but yeah - losing our 2 best players isn't ideal. I don't think we could ever hope to replace Costa.

I'd be gutted to see Cav go, I think he'd be in for a massive season having settled in to that #10 role. Losing him and Costa in the same Summer will give us problems, regardless of the quality of their replacements because you can't expect them to come and hit the ground running. That said, neither have any business playing in the Championship.

Agreed.

Wiemann on Derby's retained list. More tea leaves to read...

Blimey things are starting to look bad. If we lose Costa and Cav we won't be hitting the ground running next season will we? Don't forget neither played too much in the beginning as they got fit and adapted to the English game.

Fosun need to sort the managerial mess out and quickly.

I also think there are some dodgy antics going on with agent fees if you look at the published figures, not a chance we are under 2 million.

Not filled with the same optimism I was at the start of last season that's for sure.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Wiemann on Derby's retained list. More tea leaves to read...

They're not going to let him go for free when we have an option to sign him for £1.5M are they?

They're not going to let him go for free when we have an option to sign him for £1.5M are they?

Exactly - though the Lambert situation may well complicate things for Weimann.

Back