• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Blimey things are starting to look bad. If we lose Costa and Cav we won't be hitting the ground running next season will we? Don't forget neither played too much in the beginning as they got fit and adapted to the English game.

Fosun need to sort the managerial mess out and quickly.

I also think there are some dodgy antics going on with agent fees if you look at the published figures, not a chance we are under 2 million.

Not filled with the same optimism I was at the start of last season that's for sure.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

That'll be fraud and I'm not sure anybody would do that as that is as stupid as a press release criticising your employer directly....

Exactly - though the Lambert situation may well complicate things for Weimann.

Fair enough - I just thought it was interesting that he was included there when I thought we'd have had already sorted making the loan permanent by now, so not the same as the others on there.

Fair enough - I just thought it was interesting that he was included there when I thought we'd have had already sorted making the loan permanent by now, so not the same as the others on there.

If everything was rosy behind the scenes, I'm sure we'd have heard who was being kept on or not and maybe Weimann's future would already be sorted? Things seem to be in limbo at the moment! Maybe we'll get a flurry of news this week - new manager, 8 players binned, 5 new players bought for £5m+ fees?

We aren't going to spend £1.5m enacting a clause if the manager is in limbo. And Weimann is Derby's player until we do activate that clause. A clause which lasts until 30 June minimum so no hurry,

Costa is ridiculously good and then picks up an injury at the end of the season

Cav tweets something so cryptic it would be rejected as a clue on 3-2-1

And yet somehow Wolves fans immediately see all of these in the negative. Spectacular.

If everything was rosy behind the scenes, I'm sure we'd have heard who was being kept on or not and maybe Weimann's future would already be sorted? Things seem to be in limbo at the moment! Maybe we'll get a flurry of news this week - new manager, 8 players binned, 5 new players bought for £5m+ fees?

Oh you tease...

That'll be fraud and I'm not sure anybody would do that as that is as stupid as a press release criticising your employer directly....
I am not saying anything illegal has taken place but the figures are interesting and with Fosun and our pal Jorge having vested interests I wonder if they have settled agent fees separately to reduce the impact of FFP. It might also be why they are so keen as a club to direct things through Mr Mendes.

Now I am no expert on this subject but this doesn't seem right to me,

Between 2 February 2016 to 31 January 2017 we have paid £1,251,130 in agent fees, this figure includes new signings and contract extensions etc....bearing in mind we are reported to have spent in the region of 27 million it doesn't seem right.

Now this is complete conjecture on my part (and quite possibly a pile of shit) however if they have businesses outside of Wolves Jorge could be charging a consultancy fee to a different company within the Fosun group to keep things down.

I would be really interested to hear from someone who understands how this all works, as the reported figure seems far too low.

Link to the website .... http://www.thefa.com/news/2017/apr/07/working-with-intermediaries-070417

The 2nd document has individual transactions excluding values, including the agent details, Gestifute is only listed once. Well worth a look :)

Yes, that's what I meant - with the silence from official channels, it's indirect news like this that could indicate that there are indeed problems behind the scenes.

Yes, that's what I meant - with the silence from official channels, it's indirect news like this that could indicate that there are indeed problems behind the scenes.

Or could indicate absolutely nothing much.

Keep calm - what's (up) there. Alongside a picture of him looking "up there"
Thats Google translate I think, which is generally pretty inaccurate. If you use the cambridge Uni tool it comes up as "What next for the" Where are the Portuguese when you need them!!

Mind you im having fun translating some of the comments, my favourite being "vai te foder tanso do caralho vai foder a cabeça dos jogadores do teu clube" in English (apparently) "screw you fucking loser will screw head of your Players Club"

xD

Linked with Mooy from man City was superb for Huddersfield. Can't see how that happens with no manager lol.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Not sure how much truth is in it but was told today there'll be 25 Chinese trialists during the summer.

If we're doing crass 'jokes' they won't be our first Chinese player,don't forget we had young lee naylor here a while

Not sure how much truth is in it but was told today there'll be 25 Chinese trialists during the summer.
Can't say this bugs me if it turns up a prospect or two.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Obvious tactic for a group that are part of making football big in China.

You never know,there could be the Chinese messi or Ronaldo in there,we could discover the first Chinese football superstar,and there's bound to be better players than Doherty or Edwards in there as well

Back