• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Costa has said on instagram that he is staying so we can all stop worrying about replacing him.

Henri Camara once told me he was staying when he got out of a racing car as well..

So are you trying to say he might still go?

Not sure that I would put any credit in that, but will be very happy if he does even if we have given him a free pass if we don't get up next season

Live video apparently and obviously a bunch of our fans were begging him to stay and he said he will.

I know it's easy to be cynical about these things but he does genuinely seem to like it here. Takes all kinds I suppose. Seems a very unassuming lad, he's not a mercenary Camara style twat I don't think.

If we get another year out of him then I'll be absolutely delighted, of course. I love the little guy. I can't stress it enough, in terms of natural talent over the last 30 years only Robbie Keane and Matt Murray come close to him.

I know it's easy to be cynical about these things but he does genuinely seem to like it here. Takes all kinds I suppose. Seems a very unassuming lad, he's not a mercenary Camara style twat I don't think.

If we get another year out of him then I'll be absolutely delighted, of course. I love the little guy. I can't stress it enough, in terms of natural talent over the last 30 years only Robbie Keane and Matt Murray come close to him.

Yeah i wasn't being entirely serious in my original post but like you say he could really want to stay and if we got a manager in that he's happy with it could make him even more likely to stay. He does seem to like it here but i have no issue with him if he goes because he's got no business being in the Championship imo. I have to agree with you talent wise which is why we need to make the most of him and get in the premier league with him if we can.

Costa will do what Mendes tells him to do. I think the managerial situation increases the chances of him staying as Fosun will be conscious that they are being looked at with a critical eye and irrespective of what good short term profit they can make it might be better for them to keep him from a credibility perspective. If they are looking to attract a top class manager rather than a rentajob nobody it's clearly a selling point as well.

Can't be worse than our current options (other than Silvio who we think is offski).

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Berra released by Ipswich. I'd rather have him back than Stears.

He's only gone because he wants to move back to Scotland for family reasons. Off to Hearts it seems.

Oh yeah I did read that and forgot.

Not that I was advocating it anyway. More just hinting that we shouldn't really have had Stears back.

Berra was alright. He was our best centre half in both of his last two seasons with us - even though that's a tallest dwarf competition

Berra was alright. He was our best centre half in both of his last two seasons with us - even though that's a tallest dwarf competition
Way better than Zubar, Mancienne and Mouyokolo too who were theoretically signed to replace him.

I didn't mind him. He was alright. Done well for Ipswich too.

Yeah, he was quite harshly treated I thought. Gorkks and Bassong repeatedly played ahead of him in those relegation seasons, imagine how offended you'd be :icon_lol he was atrocious on the ball thoigh!

Back