• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Oh well what great British freebies are heading here?
Ruddy
Lowe?
Leon Best?
Beckford?
Mark Little?
Lafferty?

I am shuddering

Ruddy maybe

The rest I think you need to stop attention seeking about frankly

Ruddy maybe

The rest I think you need to stop attention seeking about frankly

Wtf?

British players with championship experience. Lambert's words not mine. Stop being such an arse. Sometimes you can be a real dick paddy

All going free.

I remember Beckford destroying us for Huddersfield a few years ago. No idea if he's any good these days, though.

I remember Beckford destroying us for Huddersfield a few years ago. No idea if he's any good these days, though.

Scored a couple aye but I'd be confident of getting a couple facing the defence of Robinson - Gorks - Johnson - Doherty too!

Oh my. That back four.

tjwzClJM6fyEw.webp

Even worse than Ward-Stearman-Bassong-Zubar (sent off for being a moron) that we sent out against United when they were good.

Oh my. That back four.

tjwzClJM6fyEw.webp

Even worse than Ward-Stearman-Bassong-Zubar (sent off for being a moron) that we sent out against United when they were good.
Zubar drives me nuts to this very day.

In unrelated news, Cav has posted a video of a blue tang (the fish) on Instagram and captioned it "Finding Dory", confirming he is the most adorable Wolves player in history and must be kept at all costs.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

One goal in 15 for Oxford does not exactly inspire confidence.

Zubar drives me nuts to this very day.

In unrelated news, Cav has posted a video of a blue tang (the fish) on Instagram and captioned it "Finding Dory", confirming he is the most adorable Wolves player in history and must be kept at all costs.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Ah better not tell my missus, he will be her new fav player. Her current (ex) and only one really is.... Georgie Elokobi! The big beast :)

BETTING UPDATE: LEEDS INSTALLED JOINT FAVOURITES TO LAND TOP-FLIGHT GOAL MACHINE
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmailShare
20th May, 2017, 12:16 PM
By Harvey Byrne

Leeds and Wolves are currently joint favourites to sign Celtic striker Leigh Griffiths, according to the latest bookmakers’ odds.

Bet Victor have installed the Whites along with Paul Lambert’s side as 6/1 favourites to sign the 26-year-old forward before the end of the summer transfer window on September 3.

The Championship duo are someway out in front of the chasing pack with Hibernian trailing at 12/1, while Newcastle, Brighton, Reading, Nottingham Forest, Birmingham, Bristol City and Preston are also priced at 14/1 to land the 12-time capped Scotland international.

These odds follow on from Griffiths sharing a few choice words with manager Brendan Rodgers in the week after he was substituted off in Thursday’s 5-0 win over Partick Thistle despite finding the back of the net and assisting one himself.

The player and manager have since claimed to have made up, but with the striker’s opportunities at Celtic being reduced this season due to the summer signing of Moussa Dembele he could be looking for a move elsewhere.

Now, Griffiths had previously spent time at Wolves between 2011 and 2014 where he managed to return 13 goals in 31 League One appearances.

However, during that stint with the Midlands club he also spent a two season long loan at Hibernian and it is in Scotland where he has so far showcased his scoring talents.

In 160 appearances in total in the Scottish top-flight Griffiths has managed to return 93 goals and Garry Monk may be looking at the goal machine to add more firepower to his side alongside club talisman Chris Wood.

Seeing as he barely lasted a few months outside of Scotland with us I find that ber unlikely.

Good finisher, OK footballer but type who needs team based all around him so no thanks.

I would be AMAZED if we went anywhere near Leigh Griffiths again

Bet Victor clickbait articles. Another reason to disable the web.

It's a nothing story as Griffiths will be at Parkhead next season but he's miles better than anything we have right now.

He's not as good as Dicko was from Jan 2014 - May 2015, but we don't know if we'll ever get that player back.

I think he's better than that but I know you don't agree.

If he's better than dicko was then he must have massively improved since going back to play in Scotland. That doesn't usually happen.

Back