• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Assume all thoughts of signing Jordan Archer as Gk are now binned. But maybe Millwall will buy Jed Wallace. If they can afford it after the fine for invading the pitch at Wembley #Classy

If he's better than dicko was then he must have massively improved since going back to play in Scotland. That doesn't usually happen.

I wouldn't judge him at all on his half season with Wolves. His heart was never in it. He's a quality footballer.

I wouldn't judge him at all on his half season with Wolves. His heart was never in it. He's a quality footballer.

I've seen him a few times for Celtic and he's never stood out that much, he's not exactly challenged by the defences there either. I don't think I've seen him score much in European games either?

On footballing merit, I didn't really want us to sell him when we did. It was an inevitability at some point though and Lennon blatantly tapped him up in December, the popcorn toothed bastard.

But he couldn't ever do what Nouha did for us in those 16 months after we signed him. Never will be able to do that. When Dicko was linked with Everton a couple of years ago, it was quite plausible as he'd been fantastic for us. I imagine Griff would do about as well back down in the Championship (depending which team it were for) as Hooper has done, ie respectably but nothing spectacular.

I'd rather be after Moussa Dembele, but he'll be way out of our league now.

I'd rather be after Moussa Dembele, but he'll be way out of our league now.

I presume you mean the lad at Fulham and not the Belgian fella at Spurs. If so you're right on both counts, he looks top class.

I presume you mean the lad at Fulham and not the Belgian fella at Spurs. If so you're right on both counts, he looks top class.
Was at Fulham but is at Celtic now.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

French Dembele, was at Fulham, has been at Celtic for a year now. Done very well, but no chance for us, until we get to the prem

They're talking about £35M for Dembele. Not a bad return for £500K.

That's a insane amount.

Rumour on twitter from a West Ham fan that Toni Martinez is coming to us - doesn't say if permenant or loan

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toni_Martínez

Living in Oxford, I'm mates and work with a lot of Oxford Utd fans. First lad I managed to ask for an opinion on Martinez said the following -

"Not good enough. Full of tricks and flicks but not got it in my opinion. The lad McElny that we had from Everton on loan was better and scored more goals. He couldn't get in the Oxford side, says it all really!"

Lorient officially relegated to Ligue 2, we should be throwing all kinds of money at Benjamin Moukandjo.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I would certainly have Griffiths back here in a heartbeat if he has sorted himself out..quality finisher at the highest level..63 goals in 93 games is a good record and hasnt always started either..

I would certainly have Griffiths back here in a heartbeat if he has sorted himself out..quality finisher at the highest level..63 goals in 93 games is a good record and hasnt always started either..

I think I could score 64 in 93 games if I was a PL team playing against pub teams every week.

Back