• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

He was bloody awful for a team that aspired to ever control football matches. Decent at heading and kicking but made Danny batth look like Franco baresi with his crap technique, endless hoofing and complete absence of composure.

Surprised at the stick for Berra, I always thought he was "ok" I would much rather have him than Batth even though he does have his limitations.

He's knocking on a bit now but he should still be in the Scotland team ahead of old Satellite Dish Heid Hanley.

Could we lure Pontus Jansson over from Leeds?

Surprised at the stick for Berra, I always thought he was "ok" I would much rather have him than Batth even though he does have his limitations.

Think he was just unlucky to be associated with the double relegation teams.

Though he certainly loves a good arm tackle...

c480108a375f64b55103710f0a1012bd.png

Contract negotiations with Silvio too, maybe trying to keep him on a pay as you play basis?

FFS...Just had a look on my Facebook page and anyone would think Stearman was "the second coming" with all the wailing and gnashing of teeth about us not keeping him! :icon_lol:

FFS...Just had a look on my Facebook page and anyone would think Stearman was "the second coming" with all the wailing and gnashing of teeth about us not keeping him! :icon_lol:

Oh noes, how will we deal without someone who can't mark, turn or head the ball?

Bye Stears, I'll always have the memories. Fucking stupid re-signing in the first place.

Apparently we extended Deslandes deal earlier in the year as well according to Tim II. Missed that one

Apparently we extended Deslandes deal earlier in the year as well according to Tim II. Missed that one

Yeah, we don't announce things like this properly (I don't know why). Just gave the released list of Upton, O'Hanlon, Reid and Delacoe last week and then said "oh by the way, we sorted everyone else out, they're all staying for at least a year".

Annoying for people with OCD like me who like to keep a spreadsheet of these matters (form an orderly queue, ladies).

Price and Saville I can live with as I assume it's to get a fee.

The rest are those low cost pointless ones we tend to do. The only logical reason I can think is to keep the numbers high in U23 training

$#@!ing stupid. $#@! decision making by that useless $#@! we have who seems to have failed into a job which requires that which is simply beyond him. $#@! him off Jeff.

Quite. Saville and Duckens FFS. Another mid table finish again next season at best if this is the height of ur ambition. If PL wants to get the squad down to 23 who the fuck is he going to get rid of if that's who he keeps?

Duckens will either have a full year in the U23s or perhaps we'll try sending him out on loan. He's an ultra-low cost punt who has a 1% chance of coming off. At very least he hasn't already definitively proven he's not up to it like say, Cassidy when we extended his deal.

They will have looked at Saville and thought: can at least theoretically cover three positions (even if I think he definitely cannot play wide left), isn't on huge money, might attract a smallish bid from someone else so why throw him away, played well in all the cup games, not going to be a dick if he doesn't play. He's got one final year to really step up or he'll be off. Not worth getting bent out of shape over really. I would have got rid of him, but it's not the end of the world that he's still here.

Personally I think there are far greater threats to our success than Saville and Price. I can see both being good utility players for a promotion team. Neither are flashy but they're both tidy on the ball, which is more than​ some of our other center midfield players can claim.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Happy with the Silvio talks. Hopefully we can secure that. I'd like an actual full back, I think.

Wouldn't have kept Price or Saville but c'est la vie.

Happy with the Silvio talks. Hopefully we can secure that. I'd like an actual full back, I think.

Wouldn't have kept Price or Saville but c'est la vie.

yeah i hope he stays too

Back