• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

I think Price will go and Saville will end up staying for another year for no apparent reason. My guesses.

If we are going to retain one of them for no apparent reason then would prefer Price, but just as likely that the scenario is the same for both. Retain on a 1 yr contract with a view to being able to sell & recoup some funds - both have some value at this level (one of the promoted Lg 1 teams may desire their experience at this level)

If we are going to retain one of them for no apparent reason then would prefer Price, but just as likely that the scenario is the same for both. Retain on a 1 yr contract with a view to being able to sell & recoup some funds - both have some value at this level (one of the promoted Lg 1 teams may desire their experience at this level)

They're probably looking at Saville and thinking he can fill in at left back & left midfield, as well as his preferred central midfield role. Price can *only* play in the middle so has to go...

Regardless of the fact George Saville isn't very good in any of those positions.

Saville is ok at left back.........I know the standard we have set is low but in every game he has played there he has done a job. Not someone I would want starting there every week but as a filler he is fine.

Obviously would prefer us to have 2 actual left backs to cover it but if we get 1 in and he isn't Silvio MkII in terms of injuries, then having someone like Saville around for a few extra months wouldn't be a major bad idea.

They are both the same situation though.

Just Price is an option to get a fee, whereas Saville is a short extension to get a fee.

I fail to see why everyone is shitting themselves rigid about this, especially when it is from the pen of Britney guesswork Spiers. Who will hopefully find his leaks dry up if we do the right thing and bin off Danny Batth and Dave Edwards

Price is worth someone paying a fee for. It'd be daft to let him go for free if we're able to get something for him. That's business innit.

I don't think you're going to get anything other than a nominal fee for a player like Price in the role he plays and how limited he is. It's not really worth extending his deal if we want rid, I doubt they are that desperate for a few hundred thousand - as it runs the risk of nobody paying it and us paying him to do nothing for a year.

We won't be binning Dave Edwards, he will remain as part of the squad. Batth as well unless we go crazy in the summer and bring in 3 new central defenders.

They are both the same situation though.

Just Price is an option to get a fee, whereas Saville is a short extension to get a fee.

I fail to see why everyone is shitting themselves rigid about this, especially when it is from the pen of Britney guesswork Spiers. Who will hopefully find his leaks dry up if we do the right thing and bin off Danny Batth and Dave Edwards

Don't think that anyone is shitting themselves - we know the provenance of this info, but we have to have something to talk about even if there is nothing actually going on :icon_biggrin:

Don't think that anyone is shitting themselves

Exhibit A:

If even half of the rest of that is true, that more or less guarantees my non-attendance next season. I can't muster enough interest to go and watch the likes of Saville, Stearman and 2nd/3rd & 4th choices in the POTS award (Edwards, Coady & Doherty, for anyone who isn't sure) again. We've accepted this kind of average, middle of the road shite for too long and it amazes me that so many others still pay money and turn up weekly. Until people start making a stand with their feet, it doesn't look like anything will be getting ripped up.

"there will be no sentiment" my arse.

(Sorry Jinks - couldn't resist it....)

Not even remotely "shitting myself"...

Simply saying I won't be paying to visit Molineux next season if even half of that dross is still kicking around the first team squad.

I don't think you're going to get anything other than a nominal fee for a player like Price in the role he plays and how limited he is. It's not really worth extending his deal if we want rid, I doubt they are that desperate for a few hundred thousand - as it runs the risk of nobody paying it and us paying him to do nothing for a year.

The same predicament we'll face with EEL who we contracted until he's 27. Y'know, just in case he becomes the second coming of Lescott, or Sheffield United want to give us a few hundred thousand for a fourth choice centre half.

Twitter linking us with Marley Wadkins from Barnsley this morning

Apparently Price is leaving, Silvio already flown back to Portugal (didn't go to awards night) and we after a winger from French league...

Back