• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

I still think that Britt Assombalonga is a realistic striker target we should be looking at.

Gayle and Abraham will be in the premier league one way or another I think.

I've always liked Nakhi Wells too. What about Daryl Murphy? Doubt he'll get much of a look in at Newcastle next year

I still think that Britt Assombalonga is a realistic striker target we should be looking at.

Gayle and Abraham will be in the premier league one way or another I think.

I've always liked Nakhi Wells too. What about Daryl Murphy? Doubt he'll get much of a look in at Newcastle next year

Daryl Murphy is a one season wonder.

Aside from Ipswich in 14/15 he hasnt looked half that playwr before or after.

If you track Mick McCarthys career he's always taken one bog standard striker and turned them into a world beater for 6-12 months. Kevin Kyle at Sunderland, Iwelumo here and Murphy at Ipswich.

Not to mention Murphy is what 33/34?

Not even once.

Last edited:
Daryl Murphy is a one season wonder.

Aside from Ipswich in 14/15 he hasnt looked half that playwr before or after.

If you track Mick McCarthys career he's always taken one bog standard striker and turned them into a world beater for 6-12 months. Kevin Kyle at Sunderland, Iwelumo here and Murphy at Sunderland.

Not to mention Murphy is what 33/34?

Not even once.

Yeah I hadn't realised his age tbf but 5 in 15 for Newcastle this year.

Jack Price told he can go but we will exercise the one year option on his contract to receive a fee.

George Saville likely to get a one year extension.

Silvio unlikely to stay, left the country before the awards ceremony and the only first teamer not in attendance.

Stearman and Williamson waiting to see if staying.

All on hold as Lambert and Thelwell are still waiting for Fosun to sign off their preferences.

Saville getting an extension and signing Stearman would be ridiculous. I get that the club wants fees, but we won't get fees for all of them, so our subs will end up being the dross no one else would pay for.

Jack Price told he can go but we will exercise the one year option on his contract to receive a fee.

Silvio unlikely to stay, left the country before the awards ceremony and the only first teamer not in attendance.

All on hold as Lambert and Thelwell are still waiting for Fosun to sign off their preferences.

That's a depressing list if true. If Lambert and Thelwell can't make difficult decisions on Saville, Price, Stears and Williamson they need to be removed. These 4 players will not help to get us promoted so why keep them?

It's such small minded thinking.

Edit: Is this based on Britney's non-story in the B&S?

Disappointed on Silvio. He could have been a class act here, even if we could get 20-25 games out of him next season.

If even half of the rest of that is true, that more or less guarantees my non-attendance next season. I can't muster enough interest to go and watch the likes of Saville, Stearman and 2nd/3rd & 4th choices in the POTS award (Edwards, Coady & Doherty, for anyone who isn't sure) again. We've accepted this kind of average, middle of the road shite for too long and it amazes me that so many others still pay money and turn up weekly. Until people start making a stand with their feet, it doesn't look like anything will be getting ripped up.

"there will be no sentiment" my arse.

Disappointed on Silvio. He could have been a class act here, even if we could get 20-25 games out of him next season.

If even half of the rest of that is true, that more or less guarantees my non-attendance next season. I can't muster enough interest to go and watch the likes of Saville, Stearman and 2nd/3rd & 4th choices in the POTS award (Edwards, Coady & Doherty, for anyone who isn't sure) again. We've accepted this kind of average, middle of the road shite for too long and it amazes me that so many others still pay money and turn up weekly. Until people start making a stand with their feet, it doesn't look like anything will be getting ripped up.

"there will be no sentiment" my arse.

I cannot believe that Fosun will settle for such mediocrity and the fact that Lambert and Thelwell are still awaiting word from Fosun on budgets, etc makes me wonder if there is something else in the pipeline especially with the Gallardo rumours the other week

I really wouldn't get wound up just yet. After reading the article by Tim II it does appear to be guesswork. I mean such lines as "Wolves may yet choose to buy loan defender Richard Stearman" is so oosing with ITK isn't it.

I really wouldn't get wound up just yet. After reading the article by Tim II it does appear to be guesswork. I mean such lines as "Wolves may yet choose to buy loan defender Richard Stearman" is so oosing with ITK isn't it.

He was probably sniffing around for more info at the end of season awards, as there was a picture of him looking worse for wear doing the rounds on Twitter yesterday.

It's probably accurate information as a current position. There's no point spending time kissing the arse of the likes of Edwards, Ikeme, Batth etc if one of them isn't going to leak low level info like this when it becomes available.

My question would be if you are looking to cut 10/12 players as its believed we are and you don't get rid of 2 out of contract squad fillers, who do you bin?

The Price one will be true, possibly Saville but the rest of it is throwing shit and hoping it sticks

There's no difference between the Saville and Price SPIERSFACKTS except the wording.

Sources suggest long-serving midfielder Price has been told he can leave Molineux if another club meets his valuation, with Wolves set to trigger his one-year option so they can receive a fee.

George Saville is thought to be getting a one-year extension but his long-term future remains unclear for now.

What realistic fee could we get for Price? 500k?

I just don't see it as worth it, potentially tying him down for another year on the off chance someone thinks he's worth a punt for a nominal fee. His next club isn't likely to be one that can throw about random transfer fees just let him go.

Hopefully this is Spiers speculating because he's as clueless as the rest of us.

I just don't see it as worth it, potentially tying him down for another year on the off chance someone thinks he's worth a punt for a nominal fee. His next club isn't likely to be one that can throw about random transfer fees just let him go.

Hopefully this is Spiers speculating because he's as clueless as the rest of us.

Price is worth someone paying a fee for. It'd be daft to let him go for free if we're able to get something for him. That's business innit.

Agreed. We're owned by billionaires FFS.

What happens if no one is willing to pay for him and he sits on the bench for another year?

Yeah that article comes across as guesswork to me too, I don't think we'll sign stearman. Williamson and Silvio will go. I think Price will go and Saville will end up staying for another year for no apparent reason. My guesses.

The small bit on Silvo makes him sound an arse, so it would have been nice if Tim could have added why he wasn't at the event. Like did he have to go home for family reasons, an emergency or just because he thought fuck you, I am going out on the Tapas in Madrid on Tuesday not listening to shite in Telford.

Back