• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

I can't think of any business that would treat any of its investors with such disdain. Every business that has such a high turnover always puts its shareholders first and foremost.
Depends how reliant on those shareholders you are, I don't think Gestifute would collapse without that investment nor would their income struggle without Wolves transfers.
a) Fosun have to want to sell the shares back
b) Mendes has to pay an acceptable price to Fosun
So say they fall out over Mendes dumping shit players at Wolves but Fosun refuse to sell up. What's the worst they can do to disrupt uncle Jorge as revenge? I just don't see what leverage they've got to keep him in check.

It's still a good investment for Fosun either way, it's almost always going to provide cash and as you say gives them a relative saving on their own agent fees.

Depends how reliant on those shareholders you are, I don't think Gestifute would collapse without that investment nor would their income struggle without Wolves transfers.

So what reason would Mendes have to fuck Fosun about? And why sell the shares to them if he didn't need to?

Chinese investment means he can have an influence on moving players to and from China, which is a massive upcoming superpower in football. He wouldn't want to jeopardise that.

I know, I wasn't being 100% serious, but the Mendes hating, conspiracy theories and nay saying are tedious now.

I think this kind of debate is important. And could be interesting for wolves fans to hear it from another Mendes network club fan point of view. Im not telling you to think the same way I do.

By the way back on Benfica forum we do bin off people for calling others fuck.

So what reason would Mendes have to fuck Fosun about? And why sell the shares to them if he didn't need to?
Why would he turn down their cash? Easy money for him if they made an offer and said they wouldn't intrude on his operations.

I don't think he'd go out if his way with the sole intention of screwing Fosun but there's plenty of scope for him to do things that don't help them. Say he's got a job lot of Ola Johns knocking about one summer and they need punting on to keep the cashflow going, if Wolves were the only club in his circle with the funds then they might get dumped here. People have oft used the Fosun stake to argue this won't happen at Wolves, possibly myself included, but I don't see what repercussions there are to stop him if he needed/wanted to.

Why would he turn down their cash? Easy money for him if they made an offer and said they wouldn't intrude on his operations.

So his profits were 100% his.

I don't think he'd go out if his way with the sole intention of screwing Fosun but there's plenty of scope for him to do things that don't help them. Say he's got a job lot of Ola Johns knocking about one summer and they need punting on to keep the cashflow going, if Wolves were the only club in his circle with the funds then they might get dumped here. People have oft used the Fosun stake to argue this won't happen at Wolves, possibly myself included, but I don't see what repercussions there are to stop him if he needed/wanted to.

Really can't see that happening when we're in the Premier League.

I think this kind of debate is important. And could be interesting for wolves fans to hear it from another Mendes network club fan point of view. Im not telling you to think the same way I do.

By the way back on Benfica forum we do bin off people for calling others $#@!.
I agree it's important and to begin with it was interesting, however your views of Mendes are so polluted by your hatred towards him for me what you had to say stopped being interesting a fair time ago. Your Neves posts just made you look silly.

Thanks for the heads up on Benfica message board etiquette though.

I agree it's important and to begin with it was interesting, however your views of Mendes are so polluted by your hatred towards him for me what you had to say stopped being interesting a fair time ago. Your Neves posts just made you look silly.

Thanks for the heads up on Benfica message board etiquette though.

Its not etiquette...its respect for other beings.

We have Olympiakos, Besiktas, Torino and other clubs fans as members there. We treat them with all respect and welcome them to stay as long as they want.

Its not etiquette...its respect for other beings.

We have Olympiakos, Besiktas, Torino and other clubs fans as members there. We treat them with all respect and welcome them to stay as long as they want.

All fans are welcome here. People polluting the forum with the same shit every fucking day will get treated with the disdain they deserve. Your agenda driven crap is tedious in the extreme.

All fans are welcome here. People polluting the forum with the same $#@! every $#@!ing day will get treated with the disdain they deserve. Your agenda driven crap is tedious in the extreme.

Maybe its not pollution. Its something you dont want to hear...

Young Boys 4 -Benfica/Mendes hot prospects 1

5 mins to go. But at least we are 110M euros richer.

Can I suggest if you want to talk about Benfica you pop over to the Other Sport section. 2 threads there you can use for that. Not sure Benfica games or their transfers are much to do with Wolves

Maybe its not pollution. Its something you dont want to hear...

Young Boys 4 -Benfica/Mendes hot prospects 1

5 mins to go. But at least we are 110M euros richer.

It's your one eyed view I'm fed up with hearing. Go and pedal it somewhere else.

Can we transfer it to a thread I don't read. Pissing me right off and I couldn't give a shit about the good an bad of mendes.

It's a broken record every day.

I'm not sure what SLB has done wrong here?

if they've got 20% they probably have a shareholder's agreement as well. and who knows what that includes - fosun may have all sort of added rights for taking the shares, option to force him to buy back etc.

ultimately decisions to buy players are down to the Wolves board. if they fuck up all the time then there'll be repercussions regardless. personally I think the prize for fosun and mendes is to get wolves into the Prem. we know how lucrative that becomes, i'm not sure why people would think that wouldn't be a high priority for mendes in whatever capacity he operates with the club. that's where the money is.

Back