• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

So a lot of wasted energy on a Wolves forum then. Not sure there are many in this part of our cyberworld that give that much thought to Portugese clubs and their dodging of Portuguese law.

So a lot of wasted energy on a Wolves forum then. Not sure there are many in this part of our cyberworld that give that much thought to Portugese clubs and their dodging of Portuguese law.

Well not portugueses clubs but Mendes transfers are a hot topic around here...

True, but if Porto didn't comply with the niceties on the Monday then that really means nothing to us. Their look out isn't it?

Well not portugueses clubs but Mendes transfers are a hot topic around here...

If your problem is with Mendes, I sort of understand where you are coming from. However, what you have to understand is we have very rich owners, who have demonstrated that they are willing to spend to get Wolves back to the Premier league. Mendes is not Stupid and neither are Fosun. For Mendes to be able to do the really big deals and get Fosun to spend megabucks, he needs to facilitate good signings now, to try to get us promoted, at the same time obviously making money.
It would not be in Mendes interests to offload rubbish players and not gaining the trust from Fosun. You have to put in to the equation, that Fosun are not Stupid either. This is a time for Mendes to prove he is trustworthy to Fosun, so Fosun will reward him with the really big deals when we get promoted. It is in his interests to prove himself to Fosun now, but at the same time please don't believe Fosun are pushovers, they know exactly what they are doing too.
This is a good time to be a Wolves supporter, we have had many false promises, lack of investment, etc. For once, with the backing of Fosun, it looks like we have serious owners, who are willing to try to make our dreams come true.

Just looking at the Prem teams and one fringe striker stands out - Joselu at Stoke. They are willing to get rid of him, he only cost them just over £5m, he's 6ft 3in tall and very good in the air but has pace too. He's got a decent record (6 in 24 last season at Deportivo on loan in La Liga including goals against Barca and Real). Malaga are supposedly interested this summer but don't have as much money as us for transfers. Injuries could be an issue which is why he only played 24 games for Deportivo due to knee and achilles injuries. Surely we could convince him that a season with us would keep him in the shop window for the Premier League?

Probably since we had 1 goal every 15 last season

It's alright going for a mid-table La Liga side. He had a 1 in 3 record in the Bundesliga with Hannover and Frankfurt the two seasons before he joined Stoke.

If your problem is with Mendes, I sort of understand where you are coming from. However, what you have to understand is we have very rich owners, who have demonstrated that they are willing to spend to get Wolves back to the Premier league. Mendes is not Stupid and neither are Fosun. For Mendes to be able to do the really big deals and get Fosun to spend megabucks, he needs to facilitate good signings now, to try to get us promoted, at the same time obviously making money.
It would not be in Mendes interests to offload rubbish players and not gaining the trust from Fosun. You have to put in to the equation, that Fosun are not Stupid either. This is a time for Mendes to prove he is trustworthy to Fosun, so Fosun will reward him with the really big deals when we get promoted. It is in his interests to prove himself to Fosun now, but at the same time please don't believe Fosun are pushovers, they know exactly what they are doing too.
This is a good time to be a Wolves supporter, we have had many false promises, lack of investment, etc. For once, with the backing of Fosun, it looks like we have serious owners, who are willing to try to make our dreams come true.

I wish all the best to Wolves. Like I said before its my fav club in England. I do believe Fosun is a serious invester but I also believe they are messing with the wrong guy.

I, like all football fans, wish all the best for my club. I dream of a third time european champion Benfica since i can remember. But i dont want that at all costs. I want Benfica to have a future. And for what I see I fear that future. And thats the message I want to pass here. Its good to have Dreams for your club (thats what football is all about) but keep in mind the future has to be secured.

Considering Fosun own a percentage of Gestifute it's not going to be in Mendes' best interests to fuck them about.

Indeed. 20% I think I read. Not a small amount.

You also have to remember that our owners have a worth pretty similar to Abramovic at Chelsea. If they walked away we would be in the right shit now. But if Abramovic walked away, would Chelsea be now with the position they have got themselves into and the income streams they have? Our main aim has to be Premier League as quickly as possible and then see what we can do.

Does the Fosun investment in Gestifute really make that much difference?

We've all used this argument to death now but what could Fosun actually do through their stake in Mendes' company to keep him in check? What's the threat? I suppose if they've got a man on the board they can be awkward but at worst I guess they sell their stake and cut their ties with him, don't see how that really ruins his party though.

I'm sure he'll be wanting to stay in with Fosun for more investment in the future. Using him for players will send a lot of money his way too.

Does the Fosun investment in Gestifute really make that much difference?

We've all used this argument to death now but what could Fosun actually do through their stake in Mendes' company to keep him in check? What's the threat? I suppose if they've got a man on the board they can be awkward but at worst I guess they sell their stake and cut their ties with him, don't see how that really ruins his party though.

The point is if Cristiano Ronaldo negotiates a new Real Madrid contract then FOSUN get 20% of Mendes' cut.

And if WE buy Mendes players then our agents fees include 20% of paying ourselves. So we are more competitive in terms of what we can pay for a Mendes player as the overall package.

Playing a friendly with the fantastic Young Boys. 1-1 at half time. At least 4 of the players picked in the starting 11 would not have a spot not even in Benfica B. Like every year we sign osbcure Mendes players and play them in the pre-season so Mendes makes some money in late August. After all who wouldnt want one of the trendy Benfica players?

And with this we lose precious time preparing the team for next season...(seriously the game is free on YouTube, go check our left back and centre midfielder...ffs)

The point is if Cristiano Ronaldo negotiates a new Real Madrid contract then FOSUN get 20% of Mendes' cut.

And if WE buy Mendes players then our agents fees include 20% of paying ourselves. So we are more competitive in terms of what we can pay for a Mendes player as the overall package.

Fosun money is not Wolves money. Make no mistake. They are there to make money. They are not fans like you and me. Fosun share is Fosun share.

Last edited by a moderator:

That's not what I was getting at.

We've oft used the argument that Fosun's stake is Gestifute provides a hand on the tiller to steady the Mended influence but it's just occurred to me that I don't really understand what leverage it could provide. What could Fosun actually do to Gestifute through that stake to worry Mendes if he started to screw with them? I don't see how they could really affect his business and even if they sold up, I don't think he'd struggle to find another investor or could probably even afford to take the shares himself.

Back