• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Money back. Won't gave made much profit on him if any

I won't give it too much time, but linked with Loic Remy on loan.

Sorry to insist on this but since some (few) people did not believe my word here is the portuguese stock exchange authority website with the recent Benfica declaration on Semedo sale to Barcelona.

http://web3.cmvm.pt/sdi/emitentes/ultimas_comunicacoes.cfm?num_ent=%25%23TKY"%3DT%20%0A

On the 10th there is also Lindelof sale and previously Ederson's to City.

So this is the law and not something i made up when Wolves were negotiating Neves.

No one suggested you were making stuff up. They were pointing out the delay was nothing to do with the transfer looking doomed but down to the club taking a day off releasing news due to the horrendous news regarding our goalkeeper.

When did the Neves transfer get shown on the stock exchange?

Sorry to insist on this but since some (few) people did not believe my word here is the portuguese stock exchange authority website with the recent Benfica declaration on Semedo sale to Barcelona.

http://web3.cmvm.pt/sdi/emitentes/ultimas_comunicacoes.cfm?num_ent=%25%23TKY"%3DT%20%0A

So this is the law and not something i made up when Wolves were negotiating Neves.

When did Porto announce the Neves transfer to the stock exchange?

What you said was that Neves couldn't have signed because Porto hadn't announced it to the stock exchange and then gave your conspiracy theories about what would happen next such as him signing for Monaco which patently wasn't true. Nobody doubts the need to announce deals on a publicly floated company to the stock exchange

Out of interest what are the rules for when the stock exchange is shut? We announced Neves at 8.30am on a Saturday. The stock exchange wouldn't have been open until 8am Portuguese time on the Monday. Therefore the news became public knowledge outside stock exchange hours so under British law for a listed company there would be no obligation other than to confirm when the exchange was next open.

I won't give it too much time, but linked with Loic Remy on loan.

This has been lost but interesting, Craig...is this possible info from an itk or Twitter bollox?

When did Porto announce the Neves transfer to the stock exchange?

http://web3.cmvm.pt/sdi/emitentes/ultimas_comunicacoes.cfm?num_ent=%25%23%24CZ"%5DX%20%0A

Here are Porto's last declarations. For some reason they never declared Neves...they did declare Andre Silva to Milan... So its quite suspicious..

Also clubs also need to declare when there are negotiations rumours all over media. Benfica did that with Semedo. Neves was talked for days without a word...

It isn't. The transfer became public knowledge on a SATURDAY. Therefore the exchange was shut. So really no obligations.

http://web3.cmvm.pt/sdi/emitentes/ultimas_comunicacoes.cfm?num_ent=%25%23%24CZ"%5DX%20%0A

Here are Porto's last declarations. For some reason they never declared Neves...they did declare Andre Silva to Milan... So its quite suspicious..

Also clubs also need to declare when there are negotiations rumours all over media. Benfica did that with Semedo. Neves was talked for days without a word...

Because we don't do that at Wolves. We NEVER comment. And we would pull out of a deal potentially. And Porto needed our money.

Because we don't do that at Wolves. We NEVER comment. And we would pull out of a deal potentially. And Porto needed our money.

By portuguese law, Porto (not Wolves) was obligated to declare it. If not saturday, then the following monday. Also no word on the previous week when all the speculation began. Semedo was talked for 2 days for Barcelona. Benfica had to make a public statement. And THEN declare it when deal was closed. Im sorry but this transfer to wolves raises many doubts...

By portuguese law, Porto (not Wolves) was obligated to declare it. If not saturday, then the following monday. Also no word on the previous week when all the speculation began. Semedo was talked for 2 days for Barcelona. Benfica had to make a public statement. And THEN declare it when deal was closed. Im sorry but this transfer to wolves raises many doubts...

Depends which governing law was applied to the purchase, sounds like it was England and Wales, in which case Portuguese law can whistle.

We are the buyer. We are parting with the money. Porto are desperate. Therefore what we say goes. And we would not allow in any way a stock exchange announcement on a rumour beyond "we are aware of the rumour and are making no comment". Any English team would be EXACTLY the same on that point. Portuguese law means fuck all to us. Our money meant a lot more than fuck all to Porto.

And as I say the deal was announced outside stock exchange hours and that is the end of the affair.

And one final thing.

Porto failing to announce on the Monday is utterly irrelevant to us. The deal was done. Our player 8.30 on the Saturday. And in the public domain. What Porto do at that point is irrelevant to us.

As i said, its has nothing to do with Wolves. Wolves paid its Wolves player. Still Porto did not follow portuguese law which is not an usual situation. Wolves dont have to follow portuguese law but Porto does. And they didnt.

Back