• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Well Bright is nowhere near at the moment and Wilson and Ennis have never started a first team game.

Zyro and Graham are recently off ACL injuries and Dicko not too long ago himself didn't look great and we are just "expecting" him to be good again.

A lot of IFs and BUTs. Sign Oliveira or someone else and I'm happy.

It's no where near what you'd expect for I team who wants to be involved in promotion.

I'm not sure about nowhere near but it is definitely a main striker short as I wouldn't trust Dicko to stay fit.

Bright doesn't score. We don't know how Zyro will perform after a very serious injury and Wilson and Ennis are just kids. Great to give them game time but not to lean on completely.

I'd definitely like us to buy a striker, but not just a 'decent' striker. If we're going to get one he needs to be manifestly better than dicko and not just another ALF to block progress of young players.

Bright is just a kid as well. Harsh to say he doesn't score, he just hasn't scored yet.

I don't know why people are stressing about our strikers. It's clear we'll be signing at least one.

I'm not sure about nowhere near but it is definitely a main striker short as I wouldn't trust Dicko to stay fit.

Bright doesn't score. We don't know how Zyro will perform after a very serious injury and Wilson and Ennis are just kids. Great to give them game time but not to lean on completely.

Agreed, we need to bring a striker in, and ideally we would have done so before the pre season games started.

Bright is just a kid as well. Harsh to say he doesn't score, he just hasn't scored yet.

I don't know why people are stressing about our strikers. It's clear we'll be signing at least one.

I guess people are surprised this hasn't been done yet with the pace of change everywhere else.

Say we don't buy a striker what are our options?

Dicko - year out, didn't look the same player last year. Full pre season may make the difference, then again it may not.
Zyro - Out for over a year with a horrific injury. As per Dicko as to whether he will get back to the same level. Although he can do a job there he's not really a 9 anyway.
Bright - Zero goals or assists last year from numerous opportunities, has talent doesn't know how to use it in the first team yet.
Wilson - Very raw, would benefit from a loan.
Ennis - never played for the first team in a league game, another coming back from injury

That's not that bad, plus the way we'll be playing will mean the wide men will get involved

I disagree!

Dicko was superb at Derby at the backend of last season. It was like seeing an old friend for the first time in ages.

That performance convinced me he'll be back to his best this season. Though I do hope we get an additional option or two.

Dicko was superb at Derby at the backend of last season. It was like seeing an old friend for the first time in ages.

That performance convinced me he'll be back to his best this season. Though I do hope we get an additional option or two.

If he keeps scoring through pre season I'd have no problem going into the season with only the one other signing.

If he keeps scoring through pre season I'd have no problem going into the season with only the one other signing.

I'd be happy with one additional quality forward signing pre the season starting and going back in at the end of August if the old Dicko isn't back.

Just saw a retweet that William Hill have stopped taking bets on Oliveira joining us.

Just saw a retweet that William Hill have stopped taking bets on Oliveira joining us.

That was from yesterday, and about an hour later Spiers tweeted to say there's nothing in it. And as he's out in Austria and chatting to the players, you'd imagine he's more 'in the know' than usual at the moment.

The odds tumbled on assombalonga again last night.

Honestly don't think you can read anything in to the bookies. They literally know nothing.

That was from yesterday, and about an hour later Spiers tweeted to say there's nothing in it. And as he's out in Austria and chatting to the players, you'd imagine he's more 'in the know' than usual at the moment.

The odds tumbled on assombalonga again last night.

Honestly don't think you can read anything in to the bookies. They literally know nothing.

Britney knows less than people on social media. The club starve him of information all the time so I wouldn't trust him to find his arse with both his hands.

Britney knows less than people on social media. The club starve him of information all the time so I wouldn't trust him to find his arse with both his hands.

He's been fairly spot on recently. You'd imagine while in Austria he has better access than usual too.

Been told that Graham is not in first team plans at the moment despite just having had a slight knock. Not sure why or what's gone on but don't get banking on him figuring unless he can change opinions over time. Wouldn't be surprised if he's gone by September 1st

Thanks for that GFFH, is it an attitude problem do you? He apparently had a few issues at Villa hence why they let him go.

Don't think out and out wingers, like Graham, fit into Nuno s style of play. He seems to prefer more of an inside forward in old money, like say Costa.

Thanks for that GFFH, is it an attitude problem do you? He apparently had a few issues at Villa hence why they let him go.

I've not heard much on him until this snippet which I was told on Thursday. I hope it's not attitude, would be more inclined to say it's more fitness related, but that would be a personal guess.

Back