• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Would never fault Bod for character and effort. And he isn't a total clogger. Just never going to be the answer and I'm surprised that a team that finished way above us last season has signed him permanently.

Mendes and Kermorgant will be ahead of him in the pecking order but YK is getting on a bit now. I thik Samuels is going to Blackburn as well. Does kind of make sense for them, think their fans will have been hoping for a bit better though.

At least that seal clapping will do one now,you watch bod turn into a 30 goal a season man now

Shame but the right decision. After the first few games I thought we had a serious player on our hands. Sadly after that initial burst of awesomeness he gradually declined. All the Best Jon.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Hopefully Mick can give Dom a kick up the arse and get him somewhere near the players he can be and best wishes to Jon Dadi, thanks for the season and good luck in the future

Right, that's a forward sold so we can afford to buy a new one ;)

Do you rate him as a player?

He could have been huge. But he lacks commitment. He is not that slow as he seems and he has a lot of strength which helps him on shoulder duels. Good long shot and poor heading. Reminds me a bit of nistelrooy. But as i said it all comes down to nothing cause he lacks devotion to the job.

That does not make sense to me. Good enough for England but not good enough for Wolves.
Not everything is down what happens on the pitch you know. There is a reason why he hardly kicked a ball for us last season

It's been a year (maybe more) since Iorfa showed any of the promise he started his senior career with. I'm not bent out of shape about that at all.

Right, that's a forward sold so we can afford to buy a new one ;)

Actually you could be right there. Although Mr Spiers doesn't get it, the fee for Neves is reported as £15 millions. Over 5 years it's 3 millions/season. That's roughly what we've brought in now so, as long as we sell Neves or Costa etc at season's end if we don't get promoted, we can go again.
As long as we bring in players with a good resale value and can shift the squad fillers you can repeat this process a few times.

It's been a year (maybe more) since Iorfa showed any of the promise he started his senior career with. I'm not bent out of shape about that at all.

He was outstanding against Premier League Stoke in January this year.

We are a bit light on numbers now we have Costa and Marshall at least out until after the first international break. Zyro only just back from injury, Graham seemingly on the periphery of the squad. MGW out with a broken foot and Cav suspended for the first two games.

Bod has gone which leaves us with Dicko, the non goalscoring Bright and the massively ineffective Mason. Maybe Ennis and Wilson will come through. Can't help feeling we are two players away from a very good team (striker+ striker/ wide forward) but at the moment not quite there yet.

I think we must have at least one striker lined up, I'm not convinced yet that the Oliveira thing isn't happening

We are a bit light on numbers now we have Costa and Marshall at least out until after the first international break. Zyro only just back from injury, Graham seemingly on the periphery of the squad. MGW out with a broken foot and Cav suspended for the first two games.

Bod has gone which leaves us with Dicko, the non goalscoring Bright and the massively ineffective Mason. Maybe Ennis and Wilson will come through. Can't help feeling we are two players away from a very good team (striker+ striker/ wide forward) but at the moment not quite there yet.

Graham missed the tour with a knock, although I don't understand why he hasn't flown out subsequently. Cav's only out of one league game. We do need at least one top class forward though and another developing one either from within or without. Mason needs binning and Bright doesn't do anything for me at the moment.

Back