• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Hasn't YW alluded to something more than a loss of form going on? Maybe familial? - Ipswich is a bit closer to his Southend stomping ground I suppose.
Lambert was banging the attitude drum last season and saying he needed to grow up.
His Dad was kicking off at one point about the club being arsey about him wanting to play for Nigeria.

I've not read his Tweet, but perhaps he means budget rather than FFP? Let's say Fosun have provided a budget of £20m net for this window we must be on or around that at the moment.
Jeff effectively said money isn't an issue. Ergo, no limit on budget. It's Spiers getting FFP categorically wrong. Again.

Hopefully he can regain some form under Mick and we'll benefit from it in the long run.

12 months ago we apparently turned down £6m from West Ham. Now he's being loaned out to a fellow Championship club. Amazing how a stock can fall so quickly in this game.

Shame about Iorfa, but he needs to sort himself out so hopefully now that can happen.

might do him a bit of good - out of his comfort zone, really hope we can get the old Iorfa back.

Hasn't YW alluded to something more than a loss of form going on? Maybe familial? - Ipswich is a bit closer to his Southend stomping ground I suppose.

It's pretty much the worst kept secret ever. Danks, classy guy that he is, has been shouting about it on twitter for ages.

Maybe Iorfa has had a few problems in the area or with people at the club. It happens and suggests his problems are not with Nuno or Lambert but with the club itself. Could it be with our wondrous DoF (tin hat on)?

I hope Iorfa does well at Ipswich as I think there's a superb footballer there and MM will get the best out of him.

On another note, I have no idea why people keep giving Spiers the oxygen, I've stopped as he's beyond parody now. A truly clueless buffoon of a man stealing a living.

Am disgusted with the treatment Spiers gets on here.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Give him some time away to get his shit together. He's still our player. If he sorts it, great, we can almost certainly have him back as soon as January (break clauses are pretty much always included halfway through a season loan). If he's lost it and it's not coming back, then it's Ipswich who'll be paying for it this season and we'll know that regrettably, it's time for him to go.

Good work by the club.

No. Like I said, he sold Depor his first ever client. Our very own NES. In 1997.

He used to drive to La Coruna and walk alongside Lendoiro every day on his way from the club offices to a nearby restaurant until he eventually earned his trust and convinced him to sign NES from Vitoria Guimaraes.

Thanks for that Lycan. La Coruña used to be a first point of call for Brazilian footballers, players like Bebeto and Rivaldo, etc. I know Deportivo had a big financial crisis about 6 years ago.
A Coruña is a beautiful city to visit if you ever get the chance. El Riazor is only a few hundred metres from the beach.

Would never fault Bod for character and effort. And he isn't a total clogger. Just never going to be the answer and I'm surprised that a team that finished way above us last season has signed him permanently.

He can do what Doyle did for them (then us), maybe it's nostalgia.

Back