• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

As a player, I would have him. Over 72 Portuguese caps at different levels. Romario wasn't fast, but his technique and positioning was out of this world.
La Coruña is very close to Portugal, it's regional language is almost identical to Portuguese, even though it is in Spain. For that reason, playing for Coruña doesn't necessarily mean Mendes is his agent, that is why I asked.

It is. That year depor had tons of portugueses players. All Mendes'...

No, my friend, this is how it's done... :icon_cool:

What i meant was it is mandatory to make that announcement. People were joking about it. Porto just didnt follow the law and nothing happened. Which doesnt really suprise me..

Rob Butler‏
Verified account

I understand from both #ncfc and Wolves that no discussions have taken place about any potential Oliveira transfer. Nothing in that one.

Norfolk based journo.

Rob Butler‏
Verified account

I understand from both #ncfc and Wolves that no discussions have taken place about any potential Oliveira transfer. Nothing in that one.

Norfolk based journo.

Thanks for that. I would have liked him to have signed.

Rob Butler‏
Verified account

Norfolk based journo.

Does he write for the "Norfolk & Chance"...?

Sorry.

Rob Butler‏
Verified account

Norfolk based journo.

Hmmm...wolves don't tend to say much about transfers these days to journos. I'd be surprised if we've confirmed either way

I read somewhere that Lendoiro, who was the president of Deportivo de la Coruña , had a meeting with Mendes in 2011. So maybe it was from 2012, as they had about 7 Portuguese players, playing for them that year.

No. Like I said, he sold Depor his first ever client. Our very own NES. In 1997.

He used to drive to La Coruna and walk alongside Lendoiro every day on his way from the club offices to a nearby restaurant until he eventually earned his trust and convinced him to sign NES from Vitoria Guimaraes.

Timmy says we simply don't have the cash to spend big on a striker we have got to shift some players out.

Hmmm...wolves don't tend to say much about transfers these days to journos. I'd be surprised if we've confirmed either way

Webber & Farke also apparently told a room full of Norwich fans last night that they expect Nelson Oliveira to stay. This one doesn't seem likely.

Back