• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Webber & Farke also apparently told a room full of Norwich fans last night that they expect Nelson Oliveira to stay. This one doesn't seem likely.

I'd have to agree, it's just bookies don't tend to be wrong very often!

Timmy says we simply don't have the cash to spend big on a striker we have got to shift some players out.

Yep...No new signings till Berra goes

Edit; Also, Fosun simply don't have the cash to spend :spaz:

I can only assume he's talking in FFP terms. I've tried to give him a bit of a teach-in in that Twitter thread.

I can only assume he's talking in FFP terms. I've tried to give him a bit of a teach-in in that Twitter thread.

Aye, we're currently at about £8.6m of £13m allowed per year

Timmy says we simply don't have the cash to spend big on a striker we have got to shift some players out.

Utter pish.

He can moan about the stick he gets on twitter all he likes but when he's peddling crap like this that doesn't stand up to any kind of scrutiny at all he's only got himself to blame. It just doesn't make sense on any level.

Nope.

'As previously stated Wolves don't have the cash to spend huge money on a striker after £47m spend in last year. Need to offload a few first.'

He's just saying we don't have the money.

Aye, we're currently at about £8.6m of £13m allowed per year

Can't use up the whole amount of transfer fees though I wouldn't have thought?

Wages must run up a bit of a black hole with Championship income.

If we still bodvarsson for actual money can we use that money against what our current loss is under ffp?

Say we sell jdb for 1m does our current loss go down to 7.6m?

I've not read his Tweet, but perhaps he means budget rather than FFP? Let's say Fosun have provided a budget of £20m net for this window we must be on or around that at the moment.

I've not read his Tweet, but perhaps he means budget rather than FFP? Let's say Fosun have provided a budget of £20m net for this window we must be on or around that at the moment.

If we've got a budget of £20m. Spending £15m on one player isn't very wise. It would be mad to spend so much but suddenly not have enough for the "missing piece..." [emoji85]

Iorfa's gone to Ipwsich on a season-long loan.

Out the door here, but clearly not closed behind him yet.

Bizarre! Doherty and Coady still seen as better options then?

I think we can safely say that this means Doherty is staying (unless we sign another right back). Don't think Coady will be considered there, it'll be Doherty and Ofosu-Ayeh fighting it out for that spot. Dom will be recalled if we have an injury crisis.

Not sure this departure is down to footballing ability.

Calling up Simpson to the tour would suggest Coady is not considered an option there.

Strange one. Something has clearly been up with him, but he's too good a prospect to bin-off for a lowish fee and nobody is realistically going to pay what he could be worth after the last 12-18 months.

I hope he does well, either so we have a quality player back on our hands, or we can demand a sizable fee.

He is from that sort of area too - so potentially he wants a temporary move back to that neck of the woods.

Hasn't YW alluded to something more than a loss of form going on? Maybe familial? - Ipswich is a bit closer to his Southend stomping ground I suppose.

Iorfa's gone to Ipwsich on a season-long loan.

Out the door here, but clearly not closed behind him yet.

Well that's just bloody bizarre. Can only hope Mick does for Iorfa what he did for Tyrone Mings. Edit - maybe not so bizarre if he is from there. Come on, Mick, make a £10m man

Back