• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Graham could definitely play as a wide forward in a 3-4-3/4-3-3 so I doubt it's tactical.

Might just be that they think we're well stocked in those positions and don't rate him as highly as the others? Cavaleiro, Costa, Marshall, Zyro, Mason, Enobakhare & MGW can all play there. Ronan played there in Austria as well.

If he does leave hopefully it's only on loan.

I'd be disappointed to lose Graham, he's got bags of ability, and a lot of potential. He's perfect for a wide forward for me.

Probably binning him for over Tweeting about Love Island and such shite

Don't doubt the info but is slightly baffling.

He plays as and inside forward anyway cutting in, he is streets ahead of Mason and Enobakhare, and fully fit he is better than Zyro too.

Don't doubt the info but is slightly baffling.

He plays as and inside forward anyway cutting in, he is streets ahead of Mason and Enobakhare, and fully fit he is better than Zyro too.

He plays like a traditional winger for me. Hugs the touchline.

Wide forward, inside forward, out and out winger, any more for any more!

Edit: traditional winger!

Yeah perhaps under instruction/habit. He naturally plays on the wrong side so it's not too much more adaptation. Got decent touch and feet to come inside and take the ball in tight spaces and good ability striking a football.

I'd have more hope for him doing that than Mason and who is just average at everything.

I hope it's just a fitness issue and that he just needs to convince. He's done it before and he actually did alright in his couple of appearances at the end of last season. You'd think he was ahead of Zyro fitness wise.

With EEL and Iorfa offloaded, will this mean that Batth and Doherty will be staying?

With EEL and Iorfa offloaded, will this mean that Batth and Doherty will be staying?

Who knows. Batth is highly unlikley to be a starter if he does stay.

Whatever happens it was never going to be a case of selling everyone we think isn't good enough as that would mean signing and selling around 20 players and that is never going to happen.

I've not heard much on him until this snippet which I was told on Thursday. I hope it's not attitude, would be more inclined to say it's more fitness related, but that would be a personal guess.
Ah okay, thanks for the update anyway!
I'd hope it's not down to attitude too. Going from his Twitter, he seemed excited to come back and get started so I'd assume it's more fitness related.
Perhaps they don't think he will stay fit, and would rather replace him with someone who can.
Personally I hope he can change their minds because on his day he can be a match winner.

Say we don't buy a striker what are our options?

Dicko
Zyro
Bright
Wilson
Ennis

That's not that bad, plus the way we'll be playing will mean the wide men will get involved

The fact that we let Bodvarsson go permanently would suggest that we are not far off announcing one coming in

He certainly starts out there but does cut inside from that position rather than attack his full back like a traditional winger. I would hope we could convert him into an inside forward as he certainly has that ability and it would be a shame to give up on a player with tremendous ability so soon.

The fact that we let Bodvarsson go permanently would suggest that we are not far off announcing one coming in

Not really. You don't pick & choose when offers/bids come in or get accepted. We obviously felt the fee from Reading was fair and decided to accept.

On that note what kind of fee do we reckon we got for Bod? Did we manage to make our money back? I'd like to think we got at least a million for him.

Back