• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

We really don't care about what he does elsewhere do we.

And we are in control of our own destiny. If he acts the cunt and we withdraw our investment then Mendes owes us MILLIONS.

That's not what I was getting at.

We've oft used the argument that Fosun's stake is Gestifute provides a hand on the tiller to steady the Mended influence but it's just occurred to me that I don't really understand what leverage it could provide. What could Fosun actually do to Gestifute through that stake to worry Mendes if he started to screw with them? I don't see how they could really affect his business and even if they sold up, I don't think he'd struggle to find another investor or could probably even afford to take the shares himself.

Fosun share on Gestifute was just a way for Mendes enter english football where he has been desperate to enter for years. He can buy that share back any day of the week.

Fosun money is not Wolves money. Make no mistake. They are there to make money. They are not fans like you and me. Fosun share is Fosun share.

You accusing them of illegal money laundering? Strong words on an open forum,or just something lost in translation?

We really don't care about what he does elsewhere do we.

And we are in control of our own destiny. If he acts the cunt and we withdraw our investment then Mendes owes us MILLIONS.
It's not about what he does elsewhere.

People have used that investment as an argument to say Mendes can't/won't do any dodgy dealings around Wolves to save annoying Fosun. In reality though it'll make no difference, he can cover the cash if the investment disappears and even the income through Wolves-centric transfer dealings must be relative chicken feed compared to his monopoly of Portuguese transfer dealings.

Fosun money is not Wolves money. Make no mistake. They are there to make money. They are not fans like you and me. Fosun share is Fosun share.

I am aware of that.

Equally it isn't Mendes money. The point FROM A BUSINESS POINT OF VIEW is that if Fosun want to invest in a Mendes client then the deal costs less.

You accusing them of illegal money laundering? Strong words on an open forum,or just something lost in translation?

Of course not.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not what I was getting at.

We've oft used the argument that Fosun's stake is Gestifute provides a hand on the tiller to steady the Mended influence but it's just occurred to me that I don't really understand what leverage it could provide. What could Fosun actually do to Gestifute through that stake to worry Mendes if he started to screw with them? I don't see how they could really affect his business and even if they sold up, I don't think he'd struggle to find another investor or could probably even afford to take the shares himself.

I can't think of any business that would treat any of its investors with such disdain. Every business that has such a high turnover always puts its shareholders first and foremost.

It's not about what he does elsewhere.

People have used that investment as an argument to say Mendes can't/won't do any dodgy dealings around Wolves to save annoying Fosun. In reality though it'll make no difference, he can cover the cash if the investment disappears and even the income through Wolves-centric transfer dealings must be relative chicken feed compared to his monopoly of Portuguese transfer dealings.

a) Fosun have to want to sell the shares back
b) Mendes has to pay an acceptable price to Fosun

Serious question: date of Wolves purchase by Fosun?

More or less exactly one year ago

End of July 2016. Six months after Fosun invested in Gestifute.

You guys do know Mendes was involved with Fosun before that?

I imagine Fosun were looking to buy a club in Europe and thought being on board with one of the most successful agents in world football would be a very useful resource in helping with that. Sounds like a smart investment to me.

Back