• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

It means decent passing football and good technique is in your culture. It is what you know and it comes natural to you. Johnny does know a hell of a lot about football, but is nice to hear from someone, who has real football in there DNA.
You will be all right on this forum, just don't mention corruption( in the EU) hahaha, and if you have any olive trees, keep it to yourself.

You are right. Its cultural here to debate the tactical aspects of the game. If you go to a school here you wont hear the 9 year olds debating that amazing volley goal. You will hear them debating what went wrong for the winger to cross so easily and how stupid the CB was to make the clearance to the edge of the box. Maybe thats why I (and most Benfica fans) despise the man so much. People here enjoy pure football. Thats what we hear debating on TV since kids. That why the Mourinhos, the Marco Silvas, the Leonardo Jardims, the NESs (hell why not) are born. Football is not this industry where 18 year olds are treated like merchandise.

That's exactly what football is. Like it or not, players are a commodity, or at least they are treated as such by clubs, agents, and coaches alike.

still think we're 2 forwards light yet - can't see too many goals coming other than Dicko at present

We don't actually have any other strikers than Dicko. Bright likes to come deep to get the ball and Mason can't do that central role either. We'll definitely be bringing 2 in imo

still think we're 2 forwards light yet - can't see too many goals coming other than Dicko at present
I think there are goals in Cav especially now he is tucked in more, which he is more accustomed to. I also think fitness permitting there are goals in Zyro. I think we will sign a target man type (not in the long ball sense but to hold up the ball and link play) and I could well see Dicko on the right hand side playing as in inside forward.

If we sign 2 more strikers then great but 1 at the very least with a little more height and heading ability would be fantastic. Lets not forget Bright, Ennis & Wilson should be starting to push now, Ennis & Bright as an insight forward and Wilson as backup for the central role.

If only Derby didn't want Chris Martin :(

We don't actually have any other strikers than Dicko. Bright likes to come deep to get the ball and Mason can't do that central role either. We'll definitely be bringing 2 in imo

If Dicko gets injured we will need cover, so hopefully another striker is being lined up. It seems strange that we have strengthened in other areas, yet have not strengthened in the attacking department.

I am confident it will happen. Strikers might be a bit challenging to get over the line.

No way we would have let Bod go if we didn't have things in the pipeline with an almost certainty of them occurring.

I am confident it will happen. Strikers might be a bit challenging to get over the line.

No way we would have let Bod go if we didn't have things in the pipeline with an almost certainty of them occurring.

I am sure you are right Paddy. Hopefully we can bring someone in who can take part in a couple of the pre season games.

Is it too early to have optimism about Dicko? I'm delighted for him to bag some goals in these friendlies. His confidence has to have been shattered these past 2 years. We have too many examples of guys showing promise and flashes of brilliance only to endure some horrendous injury and never recover from it.

Links persisting with us signing Omeruo for 3m..

Surely if that happens then someone else is on the way out. He played for a Chelsea side yesterday so shouldn't imagine anything was close to being done yet.

Yeah it's HITC I think driving this one claiming we've agreed a fee with medical to follow so it could be absolute nonsense I guess. Batth might fetch a decent fee I guess, I'd be really shocked if we let Hause leave.

Yeah it's HITC I think driving this one claiming we've agreed a fee with medical to follow so it could be absolute nonsense I guess. Batth might fetch a decent fee I guess, I'd be really shocked if we let Hause leave.

Seems to be coming from Nigeria. HITC are just regurgitating it.

Can't see us selling Batth. Maybe Hause has gained some interest from a PL club?

Maybe he just wants 6 centre backs for the 3 positions?

Boly/Hause --------------- Miranda/Batth ---------------Omeruo/Bennett

You might be right Lycan, he could play right wing back as well if we really needed him to. It would be hard to keep all 6 happy though if we did have 6 centre backs so it would make his job that little bit harder off the pitch.

I still have a feeling we'll bring in Moussa Marega. Knows Nuno, is too good to sit on Porto's bench but likely won't break through, and probably won't want to go out on loan to a "lesser" Portuguese club again.

More likely than most HITC rumors, anyway.

I wonder if we're buying some players purely to sell on for a little profit courtesy of Mr Mendes? It would certainly help from a ffp point of view

Back