• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Spiers in particular has made it sound like we need to sell in order to buy, which is patently absurd. This doesn't, however, mean that Fosun won't want to sell before buying more. They're shrewd businessmen and will understand the simple truth that too much money going out without enough coming in is just a bad practice.

This has been twisted into some weird "the money has run out" narrative.

We don't need to sell. We just want to as we have some right shit on the books. Helping out in FFP is a bonus.

I feel 6 CBs is complete overkill and one of them isn't going to get even the slightest sniff. If we sign another one someone surely has to be on the way out. You can only assume Batth is bottom of the list, and he isn't going to want to spend 90% of the season not even making the bench.

We don't need to sell. We just want to as we have some right $#@! on the books. Helping out in FFP is a bonus.

I feel 6 CBs is complete overkill and one of them isn't going to get even the slightest sniff. If we sign another one someone surely has to be on the way out. You can only assume Batth is bottom of the list, and he isn't going to want to spend 90% of the season not even making the bench.

In fairness, if it is Omeruo, he's got a way better chance at breaking through here than at Chelsea.

Spiers in particular has made it sound like we need to sell in order to buy, which is patently absurd. This doesn't, however, mean that Fosun won't want to sell before buying more. They're shrewd businessmen and will understand the simple truth that too much money going out without enough coming in is just a bad practice.

This has been twisted into some weird "the money has run out" narrative.

Spiers is just a massive bellend, he's proven that beyond any reasonable doubt lately. And even if Fosun do want to sell before they buy they know that the players we want to sell aren't really worth anything much. The price of player sales doesn't really mean anything to them at the moment, as long as we're building a squad that can be liquidised for good money if they're not successful in this league then there's nothing to worry about. And fuck me backwards if they're not doing that.

Having a top notch squad with depth does mean we can take the cups seriously. Whilst it isn't a realistic target getting to the latter stages of competitions would "raise our profile" somewhat

Having a top notch squad with depth does mean we can take the cups seriously. Whilst it isn't a realistic target getting to the latter stages of competitions would "raise our profile" somewhat

I have a feeling that Fosun will have seen our FA Cup run last season and said "if we can have done that last year we expect at least as much this year".

Nothing like a good run of cup football.

I think they'd appreciate it but their one aim this season is promotion.

I think they're ambitious enough to want both.

Of course they are, but would they want a good run over promotion?

I wouldn't expect so, but I don't really see the two as mutually exclusive. Maybe it's because American sport is built around the "knockout" tournament structure, but I have found that the talk of domestic cups being a burden on league success a bit exaggerated.

Promotion will absolutely be the priority, but if your backup players are better then beating Cambridge/yeovil etc should be easier

Tim Nash exclusive...

Screenshot_20170716-212921.jpg

"Anyone wanting to know anything to do with Wolves, I can confirm that I am 'out of the loop' and ain't got a bloody clue" Thanks for clarifying that Timbo 1 :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Anyway, all the chat about Omeruo is fine, but the player himself has just tweeted there's "no truth to it".

Expect him at Compton tomorrow morning then...

Back