• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

15 minutes on friendlies and not competetive matches. Dont really get what your problem is. Also i just asked a question and you are not really answering it. But our views on football are way too apart so i would rather hear another opinion anyway. So if you could please refrain from answering my questions we will both save time cause i wont take it in consideration anyway. Nothing personal, its just we have different views. You save time typing and i save time reading. We all win.

So guys, any other opinion?

15 minutes on friendlies and not competetive matches. Dont really get what your problem is. Also i just asked a question and you are not really answering it. But our views on football are way too apart so i would rather hear another opinion anyway. So if you could please refrain from answering my questions we will both save time cause i wont take it in consideration anyway. Nothing personal, its just we have different views. You save time typing and i save time reading. We all win.

I think Johnny was just highlighting that part as his answer...He has never seen the lad play so can't comment. I'm in the same boat, not seen him play. My son is an Arsenal fan so I'll ask him if he has any idea on the lad

You're very good at telling people what to do aren't you. Maybe you don't know how open fora work.

What I can see is that you're full of shit about a player you haven't seen.

Cohen Bramall seems to impressing at Arsenal. He's been taken on their Australian tour and is getting game time. Now both they and we are looking to play 3 at the back I wonder if he could be a potential loan option as our second left wing back? I said when he went there that at that point in my view he was league 1/2 standard as a left back and wing back was his best position. 6 months coaching at Arsenal and our change in formation means he might be up to playing a dozen games for us when Douglas needs a rest.

Last edited:
I think Johnny was just highlighting that part as his answer...He has never seen the lad play so can't comment. I'm in the same boat, not seen him play. My son is an Arsenal fan so I'll ask him if he has any idea on the lad

Thank you. You can use PM if you want so we dont go off topic.
Apologies to admin, I used this thread cause I thought he could be an alternative to Diogo Gonçalves. And being his home country it would make sense.

You're very good at telling people what to do aren't you. Maybe you don't know how open fora work.

What I can see is that you're full of $#@! about a player you haven't seen.

Not telling you what to do. You can answer me all you want. It would just save us time thats all.

Sure I've read somewhere that Marega and Nuno had fell out big time? Or did I dream that? Trying to keep an eye on Portuguese football for research on potential Wolves players does that.
That rumor followed Aboubakar around last season but I don't recall a similar story about Marega. Doesn't mean it didn't happen, of course.

Nothing juicy in terms of links at all, at the moment.

Whoever said the rest of our business will probably get done once we're back from Austria called it right, IMO.

We'll probably need Mendes to pull something out of his hat for us, looking at the state of the transfer market at the moment. £10m for Jack Cork, £10m for Ojo? No thanks. We'll of course be criticised for being in Mendes' pocket, but if he gets us a 20 goal forward I couldn't care less.

That rumor followed Aboubakar around last season but I don't recall a similar story about Marega. Doesn't mean it didn't happen, of course.

Marega had some issues with Guimarães manager last year after a game where he completely lost it and pushed a guy quite hard. He then left the stadium at half time. Things were not so good between him and the manager after that.

Here is the vídeo

http://desporto.sapo.pt/futebol/pri...ou-se-e-acabou-por-ver-cartao-vermelho-direto

I dont recall him and Nuno having issues...

Beeb are reporting Boro in for Assombalonga at £14m(!!!)

No thank you at that price

Having a medical today it seems.

I wouldn't want him for half that price given his appearance record. Crazy risk. I know he can play, he just doesn't play that often.

He played 33 times for Forest last season and scored 14 times. Seems to me he had a serious injury but has come back from it pretty well considering. Certainly better than Dicko has comeback from his.

27 starts in 2014/15, 0 in 2015/16, 20 last season. That's a terrible record.

I'm no longer surprised that we've been able to move surplus players this preseason if this Ojo move to Newcastle goes through. It gives me hope for a few more outgoings. We still have Lonergan right? Is there such thing as 5th choice keeper?

Lonners will probably end up getting released towards the end of next month. Then sign for someone who gets a few injuries and desperately needs some clown to sit on the bench in the autumn.

Another day and still no forward signed. We will be very short of options if Dicko gets injured.

Nothing will happen while we're away Frank. Not in terms of incomings.

I'm no longer surprised that we've been able to move surplus players this preseason if this Ojo move to Newcastle goes through. It gives me hope for a few more outgoings. We still have Lonergan right? Is there such thing as 5th choice keeper?
The Ojo transfer is ridiculous on so many levels. The price, the player, the fact that Newcastle already bought Atsu who is another player that can run and dribble and nothing else...

Another day and still no forward signed. We will be very short of options if Dicko gets injured.

I wouldn't be surprised if we signed a striker on Thursday or Friday this week when the players are back. Why are you so impatient?

Back